Health is something nobody can compromise with as it ensures that our life always stays on track. However, to get that surety, you might need strong financial support at a time of need. So, now what to do? The answer is clear as crystal – ‘Get a Health Insurance’ Of course, being a smart person you might have already pondered about that. But, buying insurance is no child game.
So, to end your dilemma, below are the factors that you need to keep in mind before you give in –
- Credibility of the Company– Even after health insurance comparison, you are confused which one to opt for then the first thing you need t focus is the credibility of the company. It is always wise to go for a company that is trustworthy.
- Type of Policy– In health insurance also you get several options to select from. So, if you have compared two health coverage plans, then you should also focus that which type of health plan out of two will suit your needs best.
- Check the Enlisted Hospitals– The most important thing that you need to take into consideration is the hospitals that the insurance companies have a tie-up with. If you are still baffled, then select the policy that have empanelled those hospitals, which are close to your place, have a good reputation and facilities.
- Pre and Post Hospitalization Expenses– These expenses refer to expenses that one endures before and after treatment. In short, the money insurer needs to spend on medical checkup and tests recommended by the doctor to examine the condition of the patient before treatment. (Approx 30 days before actual treatment) and medical tests after treatment to check on the progress of patient (Approx 30-60 day after treatment). So, always go for the insurance that gives you the best offer in context with these expenses.
- Coverage for Pre-existed Health Conditions– There might be some terms and conditions if you have any pre-existed health conditions while buying health insurance. So, if you feel perplexed, without any second thoughts choose a medical insurance plan that gives you better pre-existed health coverage benefit.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization Coverage– It means coverage for being treated at home either because the patient’s condition is too critical to be shifted in hospital or because there are no beds available in the hospital. Hence, this benefit is hardly used, but it can make a huge difference in your decision. This benefit varies from insurance to insurance. Some provide expenses up to sum assured; some go for 10-20% of the sum assured etc. The policy that gives you maximum benefit is the one for you.
- Cashless Facilities– At the hour of an emergency, you can’t afford to panic over cash. This facility provided by some of insurance policy ensures that the insured patient gets admitted to hospital without any fuss over cash because that will be the headache of the insurance company. Thus, always go for policy that provide this facility if you have any second thoughts.
- Daily Hospital Allowance– Even the daily allowance of hospital is way too much to bear. Hence, your confusion can be easily cured if you choose an insurance policy that offer a particular amount mentioned in policy at every end of the day you spend in the hospital no matter how much cash you have spent.
- Previous Buyers Review– You can always check reviews of previous buyers of policies to get a better idea.
- Ask Experts– Even now you are confused? Then, better ask the consultant and expert before you purchase any policy.
Beside these, you can also check the flexibility, premium benefits, discount etc. of all the compare medical policy if you are confused. You can also buy health insurance online as it is convenient and easy to compare all factors mentioned above between two or more health policies.
1,665 total views, 6 views today