SBI General Insurance Company Limited

SBI General Insurance Company Limited

SBI Motor Insurance


SBI General Insurance Company Limited - a joint venture between the State Bank of India and Insurance Australia Group (IAG). The bank owns 74% of the total capital and IAG the remaining 26%. This insurer closed the financial year 2013-14 (4th year of operation) with a Gross Written Premium of Rs.1188 Crores reported a growth of 54 %. During the year 2013-14, SBI General in association with State Bank of India covered over 1.5 Crore Saving Bank Account holders of SBI with a Personal Accident Insurance cover.


Motor Insurance an important and compulsary document that you have to carry while you are driving, whether a four wheeler or two-wheeler. You should buy motor insurance for safe and legal driving otherwise you will be caught by the authorities. Basically a motor insurance provides several types of coverage to your vehicle that would provide a safe future.Under this plan you will get comprehensive and liability coverage, both are helpful in their ways.


Types of Motor Insurance Plans:


Motor Private Car Insurance: With this insurance policy, you are under control no matter what little roadblocks the life throws. This policy is designed to provide the compulsory Third Party Liability cover as required by the Motor Vehicles Act, together with loss or damage to the vehicle itself.


Two wheeler Insurance policy: This is an insurance coverage for two wheelers. You will get the benefit of customizing pricing based on your profile.


Others plans of SBI General Insurance Company
-Health Insurance
-Home insurance
-Travel Insurance
-Personal accident insurance



Premium Comparison of Top 5 Companies With SBI General Insurance Company Limited




Company Name 2013 2014
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited27063214
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited23992700
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company Limited15851762
Shriram General Insurance Company Limited15171481
Reliance General Insurance Company Limited12921445
SBI General Insurance Company Limited267465



Contact Address

1st, 2nd & 3rd Floor, Nataraj,

Junction of Western Express Highway & Andheri - Kurla Road, Andheri (East),

Mumbai ? 400069

E-mail: Customer.care@sbigeneral.in

Tel.022- 30698922/55/01 Fax: 022-30698958/68

Company Website


Latest Sbi Motor Insurance News

Vehicle Theft Due To Holder Carelessness : No Insurance Claim

Recently, a trial court has ruled that if a vehicle was stolen or damaged because of owner’s carelessness, the insurer will not be responsible to pay any claim or compensation. This took place when the court denied insurance claim which was made by Jamun Pandey whose truck was stolen after his driver forgot the keys

Read More...

Tuesday November 17, 2015

SBI Will Not Sell Insurance Policies Of Other Insurers

28 September 2015: State Bank of India has declared that it would not sell the insurance policies of any other insurers. As per the new law of IRDA that was passed on September 15, 2015, banks can tie up with insurance companies to sell policies through their different branches. However, it is not compulsory for

Read More...

Monday September 28, 2015

Paytm To Enter Into Financial And Insurance Sector

August 25, 2015: Paytm is entering into the financial service business in next two weeks. Manappuram Finance and Muthoot Fincorp are associated partners, which will enable Paytm to diversify its portfolio. With the help of this new business of financial services, customers can repay their loans using Paytm. Paytm will start providing these services firstly

Read More...

Tuesday August 25, 2015

Vehicle Theft Due To Holder Carelessness : No Insurance Claim

Recently, a trial court has ruled that if a vehicle was stolen or damaged because of owner’s carelessness, the insurer will not be responsible to pay any claim or compensation. This took place when the court denied insurance claim which was made by Jamun Pandey whose truck was stolen after his driver forgot the keys

Read More...

Tuesday November 17, 2015

SBI Will Not Sell Insurance Policies Of Other Insurers

28 September 2015: State Bank of India has declared that it would not sell the insurance policies of any other insurers. As per the new law of IRDA that was passed on September 15, 2015, banks can tie up with insurance companies to sell policies through their different branches. However, it is not compulsory for

Read More...

Monday September 28, 2015

Paytm To Enter Into Financial And Insurance Sector

August 25, 2015: Paytm is entering into the financial service business in next two weeks. Manappuram Finance and Muthoot Fincorp are associated partners, which will enable Paytm to diversify its portfolio. With the help of this new business of financial services, customers can repay their loans using Paytm. Paytm will start providing these services firstly

Read More...

Tuesday August 25, 2015