HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd. and ERGO International AG, headquartered in Mumbai, India. The insurance company offers a long list of general insurance products across motor, health, travel, home, personal accident, and so forth. The entity has a presence in more than 170 cities with 200+ branches and 7000+ employees. HDFC ERGO has an 'iAAA' rating by ICRA, which reflects the company's claim paying ability.
One of its key general insurance products, HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance, offers compensation to the insured in case of any mishap caused while traveling abroad.
Features of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
Mentioned below are some of the important features of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance:
- It is available at an affordable premium rate.
- HDFC ERGO has a good CSR, which means less time to settle the claims.
- Insurers can get 24x7 international travel assistance.
- Policyholders have the flexibility to choose the sum insured according to their will.
Types of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance Plans
The insurance company offers four types of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance Plans:
- Individual Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Frequent Flyers Insurance
1. Individual Travel Insurance
A single person can avail of this travel insurance to grab protection against all possible risks and unforeseen situations while traveling abroad.
- This insurance policy offers a cashless treatment facility in case of any medical emergency.
- In case of the death of the insured, the insurance company will bear the cost of transferring the mortal remains to the home country.
- You can avail of hospital daily cash allowance under this plan.
- Get compensated for the loss of baggage & personal documents.
- Other perks of availing of this insurance include financial emergency assistance, hijack distress allowance, hotel accommodation, and others.
2. Family Travel Insurance
This type of travel insurance safeguards you and your family against unfortunate events while traveling to/from your destination.
- The policy offers coverage against emergency medical expenses, emergency dental expenses, and medical evacuation.
- You can avail of hospital daily cash allowance under this policy.
- Lump-sum compensation is offered against permanent disablement or accidental death of the insured.
- Hijack distress allowance and personal liability coverage is also there.
3. Student Travel Insurance
This travel insurance can be availed by students who want to study abroad. It helps to eliminate financial risks so that students can stay safe and enjoy their prolonged visits (as per the course duration).
- Under this insurance, emergency medical and dental expenses are covered.
- Get a lump sum amount in case the insured suffers accidental death or permanent disablement.
- You can avail of coverage against baggage-related issues like loss or delay of checked-in baggage.
- In case of any interruption in the study caused due to prolonged hospitalisation or death of the immediate family member/sponsor, you get a refund for tuition fees.
4. Frequent Flyers Insurance
Frequent Flyers Insurance or Annual Multi-Trip Insurance offers coverage to the insured for multiple trips in a single year.
- Under this policy, hospital daily cash allowance and medical evacuation coverage is offered.
- Policyholders can avail of coverage for emergency medical and dental expenses while traveling internationally.
- The policy offers emergency financial assistance if the insured losses cash due to theft, robbery, or dacoity.
- Get compensated for flight delays and extension of hotel accommodation.
How can I buy HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to purchase HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance online:
- Visit the official website of HDFC ERGO.
- Click 'Travel Insurance' and then click 'Buy Now'.
- Enter the details and click 'Continue'.
- Fill-in further details and click 'View Quote'.
- Select the plan of your choice and make the premium payment.
- You will get the insurance policy on your registered email id.
How can I claim for HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance?
Mentioned below are the steps required to file a claim for HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance:
- Visit the official website of HDFC ERGO.
- Click 'Menu' and then click 'Claim'.
- Click on 'Claim Process' and find 'Travel Insurance'.
- Tap on 'Click Here' to fill the digital claim form (for cashless treatments).
- Enter the details required and send it to the company/TPA (on email@example.com) along with other documents.
- TPA will connect with the respective hospital.
- After the verification of documents and claim form, you can get the treatment done. TPA/company settles the expenses in the end.
For reimbursement, connect with the company. Its representative will explain all the steps to you.