SBI Critical Illness Insurance Plan
SBI General Critical Illness plan pledges to protect you against the financial expenses that arise due to the treatment of critical illnesses. With the expenses covered, the concerned individual can rest and recover peacefully. The plan looks after the 13 critical illnesses, which are listed below:
- Cancer of Specified Severity
- Open Chest CABG
- Aorta Graft Surgery
- Open Heart Replacement or Repair of Heart Valves
- Stroke Resulting in Permanent Symptoms
- First Heart Attack of Specified Severity
- Kidney Failure Requiring Regular Dialysis
- Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Major Organ/Bone Marrow Transplant
- Multiple Sclerosis with Persisting Symptoms
- Coma of Specified Severity
- Total Blindness
- Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
Let's learn more about the plan
Minimum entry age
Maximum entry age
Minimum sum insured
Maximum sum insured
1 & 3 years
Initial waiting period
90 days for all illnesses
**Last Updated on 30-12-2020
Features of the SBI Critical Illness Plan
- Pre-medical screening- Individuals up to 45 years don't have to undergo medical screening tests to buy this plan
- Grace period- The plan grants 30 days in case the insured fails to pay the premium on time. Any further delays will lead to lapsation of the plan benefits
- Free-look period- After going through the terms and conditions of the plan, if the insured is unhappy with any one of them, (s)he can cancel the plan within 15 days from the date of purchase
- Tax benefits: Tax exemption benefits are available under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
What's so Unique About SBI Critical Illness Plan?
The insured can only claim for one critical illness during his/her lifetime. The plan benefit is only payable if the insured survives for at least 28 days from the date of the first diagnosis of a listed critical illness. To know more about this, please check the policy document
What's not Covered under the SBI Critical Illness Plan?
Sadly, there are a few conditions, which the plan hates to cover. Let's learn about them
- Sexually transmitted conditions.
- Mental or nervous disorder.
- Any congenital illness/conditions.
- Use/Abuse of intoxicating drugs or alcohol.
- Self-injury or suicide
- Pre-existing conditions and complications thereof
For more details, please go through the policy brochure
How can you Profit from SBI Critical Illness Plan?
The critical illness plan offered by SBI General can prove to be useful in the time of need. Let's explain this with the help of an example.
Suraj, a 45 year old, works in an MNC in Delhi. Last year, his mother died of cancer. Fearing the risk of this disease (due to hereditary reasons), he decides to buy SBI Critical Illness plan on his friend's recommendation. After a year, Suraj is diagnosed with cancer and needs regular treatment. After surviving for 28 days from the date of diagnosis, the plan pays out the chosen sum insured, which helps Suraj to pay for the treatment expenses
If things were reversed and he had no health insurance, his savings would have taken a major hit
How to Buy SBI Critical Illness Plan?
To safeguard yourself from online fraud, it's best to buy this plan from the company's website. Let's understand its buying process
- On the official website of SBI General, click on 'Products' and tap on 'Critical Illness Policy'.
- Click on 'Get Quote' and fill in the details. Again enter the required details and click on 'Continue'.
- Fill in the questionnaire and choose the sum insured to meet your needs
- Check the premium details and pay it online
- Once the payment is done, you will receive the confirmation and the document on your email id
You can also buy this plan from the company's nearest branch. In case you require an expert opinion regarding this plan, feel free to connect (1800-4200-269) with PolicyX.com
How to Apply for an SBI Critical Illness Plan Claim?
SBI General Health Insurance offers an easy claim process for the convenience of its customers. Let's check it out
- Report the incident to the company by dialing the toll-free number (1800 22 1111) or SMS 'CLAIM' to 561612
- One of SBI's customer representatives will help you with the details of the required documents
- SBI's claims manager/executive will connect with you within 24 hours of registering the claim
- Submit all the mandatory documents to the company/claims team
- The process will be completed within 30 days of receipt of the final survey report, and the claim will be resolved.
How can I Renew My SBI Critical Illness Plan?
You can renew your policy directly by following the below steps.
- Go to the official website of SBI General and click on 'Renew' under the 'Health' tab
- Enter the type of policy and the policy number and then click on 'GO'
- Check the details of the policy and make the payment
- Your policy will be renewed, and its confirmation will be sent to your number and email id.