Best Health Insurance Plans
Choosing the best Health Insurance plan for your and your family can become a very hectic task if you don't do your research properly. With more than 25 health insurance companies, and with everyone's different healthcare needs, choosing a suitable plan as per your needs and requirements can turn into a tiresome process.
Well, worry not. We at PolicyX.com are here to help you. Read ahead to find out the factors that can make the task of choosing a health plan easier for you.
Best Health Insurance Plans of 2021
Now, the most important question: Which is the best plan for me?
Answering this question is not easy. Every individual has different needs and requirements. What might be suitable for me, may not suit your requirements.
Therefore, choosing the best health plan solely lies on your preferences.
However, to make the process of choosing an ideal health insurance plan easier for you, we at PolicyX.com have done a thorough research, and have come up with the top Health Insurance Plans from all categories that might help you to choose your ideal plan.
Read along and choose your ideal health plan:
Family Floater Health Insurance Plans
Family Floater policy is a type of Health Insurance plan that covers the entire family with a single sum insured. All the members of the family can avail the benefits of health insurance by paying the single annual premium.
Below mentioned is the list of top 10 family plans based on lower premiums for the coverage of Rs. 5 Lakhs. Let's have a look at them:
| Plan Name|| Premium Amount/Year (in Rs.)|| Entry Age|
| Reliance Health Infinity|| 15347|| Min: Child: 91 days Adult: 18 years|
Max: Child: 25 years Adult: 65 years
| Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum-Enhanced|| 15610|| Min: Adult: 5 years, Child: 91 days|
Max: No Age Limit
| Care Health Plan|| 16613|| Min:Adult:5 years, Child: 91 days|
Max: No Age Limit
| ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance Plan|| 16973|| Min:Adult: 18 years,Child: 91 days|
Max: No Age Limit
| Star Health Family Optima Plan|| 17063|| Min: 18 years|
Max: 65 years
| Max Bupa Health Companion|| 17217|| 91 days|
| Star Health Comprehensive Plan|| 17464||3 months and 65 years|
| HDFC ERGO: My Suraksha|| 18277|| Min:Child: 91 days,Adult: 18 years|
Max: Child: 25 years, Adult: Lifetime Entry
| Bajaj Allianz Health Guard-Platinum|| 18474|| Min:Child: 3 months,Adult: 18 years|
Max: Child: 30 years, Adult: 65 years
| TATA AIG Medicare|| 19221|| Min: 91 days|
Max: 65 year
Brief Description of above-mentioned Family Floater Health Plans
Reliance Health Infinity
Reliance Health Infinity is a comprehensive plan that comes with a wide range of benefits and covers up to 8 members of your family (2 Adults and up to 6 children).
- The plan offers additional cover that boosts the sum insured up to Rs.30 Lakhs for enhanced protection.
- Under the plan feature 'More Time', the policyholder will get extended coverage based on the policy period in force.
Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum-Enhanced
Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum-Enhanced is designed to support you and your family in the time of medical crisis and offers comprehensive coverage against medical bills.
- Under this plan, in case of chronic illnesses such as diabetes, high cholesterol, and asthma, the policyholders are eligible to get day 1 cover for the cost of medicines, tests, and doctor consultation.
- The plan allows the policyholders to choose the hospital room of their liking and preferences.
Care Health Insurance is a comprehensive health plan that offers a wide coverage upto Rs. 6 Crores, and comes with various benefits that ensures you are well-prepared to tackle any medical emergency.
- The plan offers the optional cover of Unlimited Automatic Recharge, under which the plan will automatically recharge the sum insured if the health cover is exhausted. With this add-on cover, one can avail this benefit unlimited times.
- The plan provides coverage for the second opinion from a medical expert in case the policyholder is diagnosed with a critical illness.
ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance Plan
ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance Plan caters to your medical needs. This family health plan requires no pre-medical check-up up to 45 years of age and ensures all your healthcare needs are covered.
- The plan offers the Wellness program, under which you can earn points by living a healthy life, which can further be redeemed on OPD bills for doctor's consultation, medicine and drugs, diagnostic expenses, dental expenses, etc.
- One can avail the benefit of Additional Sum Insured, where one can earn upto 10% sum insured for every claim-free year.
Star Health Family Health Optima is an affordable health plan that covers the entire family under a single sum insured. Along with the in-patient coverage, the plan also offers a free health checkup for every claim-free year.
- The plan offers coverage for a new born baby, that starts from the 16th day after his birth till the expiry date of the policy, provided the mother is insured under the policy for a continuous period of 12 months.
- The plan reimburses (up to Rs.5,000) the cost of repatriation of mortal remains of the insured person to his residence.
Max Bupa Health Companion is an affordable health insurance plan that secures your family's healthcare needs. There are 3 variants available under the plan, with their own benefits.
- The plan is liable to pay hospital cash to the policyholder up to Rs.4000/day.
- In case of an animal bite, the plan covers its vaccination expenses up to Rs.7500.
Star Health Comprehensive Plan
Star Health Comprehensive plan is specially designed to look after the medical needs of you and your family, and protect them from all health care eventualities.
- No pre acceptance medical screening is required to buy this plan.
- The plan offers coverage against the Air Ambulance expenses up to Rs.2,50,000/- per hospitalization.
My: health Suraksha is designed to tackle the soaring healthcare costs. With a wide coverage amount and several benefits, the plan is ideal for most individuals & families.
- The plan pays for 586 day care procedures.
- A recovery benefit of Rs. 25,000 is paid in lump-sum if the hospitalization exceeds 10 continuous days.
Bajaj Allianz's Health Guard looks after your medical treatment expenses incurred during hospitalization resulting from a serious illness or accident. The plan is available in three variants- silver, gold & platinum.
- The plan offers a convalescence benefit, under which if the insured gets hospitalized for a disease/illness/injury for a continuous period exceeding 10 days, the company will pay the benefits up to the specified limits.
- The plan covers the maternity expenses and medical expenses towards treatment of a newborn baby, subject to certain terms and conditions.
TATA AIG MediCare
TATA AIG MediCare is a comprehensive and affordable health plan that looks after your financial needs at the time of medical emergencies.
- The plan offers global coverage to the insured, provided that the diagnosis was made in India.
- The plan offers a cumulative benefit, where the policyholder gets a 50% increase for every claim-free year.
Critical Illness Health Insurance Plans
A critical illness insurance cover refers to the insurance benefits one will receive while dealing with life-threatening critical illnesses and various lifestyle diseases such as Cancer, Kidney Failure, Strokes etc.
Below mentioned is the list of top 5 Critical Illness Plans based on lower premiums for the coverage of Rs. 10 Lakhs. Let's have a look at them:
| Plan Name|| Premium Amount/Year (in Rs.)|| Maximum Sum Insured (in Rs.)|
| Care Critical Illness Insurance Plan|| 1198|| 2 Crore|
| SBI Critical Illness Insurance Policy|| 1685|| 50 lakh|
| MAX Criticare Health Insurance Plan|| 2368|| 2 crore|
| Manipal Lifestyle protection- Critical care health plan|| 2915|| 25 crore|
| Reliance Critical illness plan|| 3231|| 10 lakh|
Brief Description of above-mentioned Critical Illness Health Plans:
Care Critical Illness Insurance Plan
The Critical Illness plan offered by Care health is an affordable plan that covers 32 listed critical illnesses and ensures a safety cushion that protects your financial savings in times of medical emergencies.
- The policyholder has an option to avail of a second opinion for his/her covered illness once in a policy year.
- AYUSH treatments are also covered under the plan.
SBI Critical Illness Insurance Policy
SBI Critical Illness Insurance provides coverage against 13 critical illnesses, and offers financial support to you and your family that enables you to fully concentrate on your treatment without worrying about your finances.
- No Medical Check-up is required upto 45 Years.
- Policyholders can also avail of tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Max Bupa CritiCare health insurance offers coverage against 20 major critical illnesses, and provides a financial cushion to your healthcare needs at the time of medical emergencies.
- The plan offers the benefits of Daily Hospital cash and eases your financial load to overcome miscellaneous expenses.
- One can avail discounts on the 2nd and 3rd year's premium by availing policies for a tenure of 2 or 3 years.
Manipal Lifestyle protection- Critical care health plan
Manipal Lifestyle protection Critical care health plan comes in two variants- Basic & Enhanced, and offers the policyholder to choose the type of coverage they want.
- The plan provides a lump sum payment upon diagnosis of any of the listed 30 critical illnesses.
- The plan allows the policyholder to go for the second opinion.
Reliance Critical Illness Plan
Reliance Critical Illness Plan caters to life-threatening and lifestyle-disabling diseases. If diagnosed with any of the 10 critical illnesses, the plan helps you overcome tough medical situations without worrying about your treatment costs.
- No medical tests are required till the age of 45 years.
- Premiums paid towards this policy are eligible for tax benefits under section 80D of the IT Act
Top-Up/Super Top-Up Health Insurance Plans
A Top-up/ Super Top Up Health Plan is a cost-effective way to increase your health insurance cover. Such plans come to the rescue when your base health cover is exhausted.
Below mentioned is the list of top 5 Top-Up/Super Top-Up Plans based on lower premiums for the coverage of Rs. 10 Lakhs. Let's have a look at them:
| Plan Names|| Premium Amount/Year (in Rs.)|| Entry Age|
| HDFC ERGO My health Medisure Super Top-up|| 1540|| Min: Child: 91 days|
Adult: 18 years
Max: Child: 23 years, Adult: 65 years
| Max Bupa Health Recharge Super Top-Up|| 1605|| NA|
| Star Super Surplus Insurance Policy|| 1723|| Min: Child: 91 days, Adult: 18 years|
Max:Child: 25 years, Adult: 65 years
| Care Enhance Super Top Up Health Insurance Plan|| 4422|| Min: Adult : 18 years and above, Children: 1 day to 24 years with at least 1 member of age.|
Max: No Age Bar
| SBI Arogya Top-Up Health Plan|| 3551|| Min:3 months|
Max: 65 years
Brief Description of above-mentioned Top-up/Super Top-up Health Plans:
HDFC ERGO My:health Medisure Super Top-up offers a financial cushion to you and your family, and ensures that you get the best medical treatment without any restrictions and limitations.
- The plan covers all family members including your parents, in-laws, niece, nephew, spouse and kids.
- The plan offers several discounts such as, one can avail 10% discounts if they cover more than 2 members of the family.
Max Bupa Health Recharge is a super top-up plan that acts as a stepney to your existing health insurance plan, and enhances your health cover.
- The plan offers a loyalty addition of 5% on sum insured per year; maximum up to 50% .
- One can avail unlimited tele consultations.
Star Super Surplus ensures that all your healthcare needs are looked after even when your base health cover is exhausted.
- The plan comes in two variants- Silver & Gold.
- The plan provides coverage for modern treatments such as Uterine artery Embolization and HIFU, Balloon Sinuplasty, Deep Brain Stimulation etc.
Care Enhance Health Top-up Plan provides extra coverage to the basic health insurance plan, and ensures your healthcare needs are not compromised.
- The plan offers an add-on benefit of Expert Opinion, where one can avail an expert opinion of a specialist medical professional.
- The plan offers a 10% increase in SI per policy year (up to 50% of SI) in case of a claim-free year.
SBI Arogya Top-Up Health Plan provides additional cover to policyholders against rising medical costs, and meets your healthcare needs in case your base coverage is exhausted.
- The policy requires no pre-policy medical test up to the age of 55 years for those people who don't have any medical history.
- The plan covers the Maternity expenses after the first 9 months of the waiting period
Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans
Senior Citizen Health Insurance plans is an ideal health insurance plan for those individuals who lie between 60 to 80 years. Such plans are designed to target old age health problems and give the insured peace of mind during a medical need.
Below mentioned is the list of top 5 Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans based on lower premiums for the coverage of Rs. 5 Lakhs. Let's have a look at them:
| Plan Name|| Premium Amount/Year (in Rs.)|| Entry Age|
| Star Health Senior Citizens Red Carpet Plan|| 21,240|| 60-75 years|
| Care Senior Health Insurance Plan|| 27,689|| 61 years-lifelong|
| Bajaj Allianz Silver Health Plan|| 27,886|| 46 years-70 years|
| Tata AIG MediSenior|| 29,170|| Above 61 years|
| Aditya Birla Activ Care|| 36,476|| 55 years|
Brief Description of above-mentioned Senior Citizens Health Plans:
With no pre medical tests required, Star Health Senior Citizens Red Carpet plan looks after the medical needs of those individuals who are above 60.
- The plan covers the cost of health check-up for every claim-free year (up to the limits specified).
- The plan provides coverage for modern treatments such as Uterine artery embolisation and HIFU, Deep Brain Stimulation, Intra vitreal injections, Robotic surgeries, etc.
Care Senior is a comprehensive health insurance plan that provides coverage to the aged individuals against the rising medical expenses.
- The plan comes with various add-ons such as co-payment waiver, no claim bonus super, etc.
- The plan covers the expenses of Alternate treatments upto Rs 20,000.
Bajaj Allianz Silver Health Plan
Keeping the healthcare needs of senior citizens in mind, Silver Health ensures to meet their healthcare needs in every manner.
- The plan offers a cumulative bonus of 10% of the sum insured for every claim-free year (up to a maximum of 50% of the sum insured).
- One can avail a discount of 5% if two or more members are covered.
Tata AIG MediSenior caters to the medical needs of those citizens who are above the age of 60 years and offers several benefits to them.
- One can avail a discount of 7.5% on the policy premium if they pre-pay their premium for two years.
- One can avail coverage for up to 140 days for care procedures that do not need hospitalisation.
Aditya Birla Activ Care
Aditya Birla Activ Care makes sure to meet your healthcare needs after the age of 60. The plan comes with several benefits that ensure your old age health needs are looked after.
- The plan comes in three variants- Standard, Classic & Premier, that allows the policyholder to choose as per their needs.
- The plan offers a HealthyReturns program, where one can earn up to 21% of the premium.
How Much Coverage Is Sufficient For Me?
It's true that your and your family's health needs should be kept in mind while you choose an apt coverage, but at the same time, you should also keep in mind that the higher the coverage, the higher would be the premium amount.
Let's understand this with an example:
Suppose, Arun, a 30 year old male, who lives in Delhi with his wife(25 years) and 1 kid (2 years), has decided to buy a Star Health Comprehensive Plan. Let's see, how his premium will vary with different sum insured options:
| Sum Insured (in Rs.)|| 5 Lakhs|| 10 Lakhs|| 25 Lakhs|| 50 Lakhs|| 1 Crore|
| Premium Amount (in Rs.)|| 15,541|| 22,550|| 34,527|| 37,984|| 44,108|
As we can see through this chart, the higher sum insured will cost you higher premiums. Therefore, choose an ideal coverage that will cover your overall healthcare expenses and at the same time won't burden your pockets.