Aditya Birla Health Insurance
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company Limited (ABHICL), a subsidiary of Aditya Birla Capital Ltd, is a joint venture between Aditya Birla Group and MMI Holdings of South Africa. The company was founded in the year 2015 and commenced its operations in October 2016.
It has over 17,000 employees and over 2 lakh agents and channel partners.
What Are The Key Features of Aditya Birla Health Insurance?
With the presence of several health insurance companies, selecting an appropriate health insurance plan becomes quite a tedious task. Many times with so many options available, people tend to get confused and often choose the wrong one due to lack of awareness.
To make the task of choosing an ideal health insurance company, our team of experts at PolicyX.com have shortlisted a few parameters such as hospital list, Market share, Claim Support, etc to help you choose the right health insurance partner for you.
Let's discuss the key features of Aditya Birla Health Insurance.
| Network Hospitals|| 8,200+|
| 24*7 Customer support||Available|
| Claim settlement Ratio (2019-2020)||99.36%|
| Solvency Ratio||1.99|
| Total No. of Claims Settled||6,30,000+|
Let us understand the above-mentioned features in detail:
Aditya Birla health insurance has over 8,000+ network hospitals where you can avail of the cashless facility.
Let's take the example of Mr Sharma, a 45-year-old man living in Indore.
Mr Sharma's younger son (7 years old) got severe pain in his lower abdomen and had to get hospitalized in an emergency. With the policy, he was able to avail the cashless facility without having to worry about the money.
The cashless treatment availed by Mr Sharma helped him to not get stressed about the money in an already stressed situation.
To overcome such medical emergencies, it is always better check network hospitals in your vicinity.
Top 10 Insurance Companies (based on Network Hospitals)
** Data from IRDAI Annual Reports
Check the Aditya Birla health insurance hospital list with PolicyX.com.
Before buying a health plan, one must check the Claim Support Ratio of the company to analyse its claim settling ability. Talking about Aditya Birla Capital Health Insurance, the company has claim support of 99.36%.
Top 10 Insurance Companies (based on Claim Support)
Considering the solvency ratio is also an important factor while selecting an insurance company. Checking the solvency ratio helps the prospective policyholder to assess the ability of a company to meet its financial obligations.
One can check the solvency ratio through the official IRDAI website that publishes the solvency ratio in its annual reports.
As of now, IRDAI mandates maintaining a healthy solvency ratio of 1.50 for every insurer. At present, the solvency ratio of the company is 1.99.
Solvency Ratio of Aditya Birla Health Insurance from 2016- 2020
** Data from IRDAI Annual Reports
In the financial year of 2019-2020, the company's market share was 755.5 crores
Annual Premium of Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company from 2016-2020
** Data from IRDAI Annual Reports
Pan India Presence
With a presence in more than 2500+ cities, Aditya Birla Health Insurance has established pan India presence. One can directly visit their nearest branch office for any of their policy-related or claim-related queries.
Why Should You Buy Aditya Birla Health Insurance?
Aditya Birla looks after the overall health of the person, which includes an active health management program that takes care of all lab tests, doctor consultations, and appointments. It provides chronic management and health assessment programs that ensure hassle-free access to all health facilities.
The company also rewards you for living a healthy life that can be tracked through its Health Dashboard. Your health is monitored through a host of parameters like the Healthy Heart Score, Activ Dayz program, etc.
Types Of Health Plans Offered By Aditya Birla
To meet the health insurance needs of every individual, Aditya Birla Health Insurance company offers 8 health plans that provides coverage to an individual and their family from every eventuality of life.
Have a look at all the plans available under Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company:
|Health Plan||Type of Plan||Who Should Buy?|
|Activ Health Platinum||Comprehensive Family Health Plan||It can help individuals who are looking to cover themselves and their families under a single plan|
|Activ Assure Diamond||Family Health Plan||The benefits offered by this plan can be found suitable for those on the lookout for coverage against hospitalization bills|
|Activ Assure Diamond+Super Health Plus Top-Up||Top-up Health Plan||It can be found suitable by those looking for increased coverage of up to Rs. 1 Crore.|
|Activ Care||Senior Citizen Health Plan||This plan should be considered by individuals who want to secure their parents in their old age.|
|Activ Secure||Family Health Plan||The plan is suitable for those who want to secure their expenses at the time of an accident, critical illness, or other such situations.|
|Global Health Secure||Global Health Insurance||The plan can be found suitable by frequent travellers as it helps policyholders avail cashless treatment internationally|
|Group Products||Group Health Insurance||This plan is a suitable option for those who want to cover a group of people under the same policy.|
|Corona Kavach||Corona Specific Plan||The plan can help you remain prepared to fight against covid expenses.|
Let's Discuss all the Plans in Detail:
Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Plan
Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum plan comes in three variants: Enhanced, Essential & Premier.
i) Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum-Enhanced
Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum-Enhanced is designed to support you in the time of medical crisis and offers comprehensive coverage against medical bills.
- The plan offers coverage to certain health issues such as Mental Illness, Obesity, Dental Consultations, etc.
- One can avail of AYUSH coverage under this plan.
- The plan offers Chronic Care Management Program, under which if you or any of your family member suffers from any chronic condition such as diabetes, asthma etc., the company will assign an expert who will continuously manage and will monitor your progress making it easier for you to deal with such illness.
| Entry Age|| 91 Days - No Limit|
| Sum Insured (in Rs.)||50 Thousand - 2 Crores|
Aditya Birla Activ Assure Diamond Plan
The plan provides a cover for total expenses arising out of hospitalization as well as offers several discounts when bought for 2/3 years or when bought together for a family. The plan also comes with several additional add-on benefits.
- The plan covers up to 586 daycare procedures if the hospitalization is for less than 24 hours.
- If the sum insured with no claim bonus is finished due to previous claims, the policyholder will get a reload of 150% of the sum insured.
- The plan also offers rewards for staying fit and healthy.
| Entry Age (for individual policy)|| 91 days - No maximum age limit|
| Policy Term||1 year, 2 years & 3 years|
| Sum Insured||Rs. 2 Lacs to 2 Crores|
**Last Updated on August, 2021
Aditya Birla Activ Assure Diamond+Super Top-Up Health Plan
This combination of plan covers medical expenses up to Rs. 1 Crore. With several benefits, the plan also lets the policyholder avail of Health & Wellness Discounts.
- The plan covers the road ambulance expenses up to Rs. 5,000.
- One can avail coverage for Covid-19 related expenses.
- Expenses for domiciliary hospitalization are covered up to the sum insured.
| Entry Age|| 91 days - 65 years|
| Maximum Sum Insured||Rs. 1 Crore|
**Last Updated on August, 2021
Aditya Birla Activ Care Plan
The Activ Care plan is designed for senior citizens to help them cover their overall medical costs arising out of hospitalization. Individuals can avail of this plan for their parents and grandparents to protect them financially in times of sickness. This plan is available in three variants - Standard, Classic, and Premier.
- The plan provides comprehensive health care check-up coaching sessions by a personal health coach every year to ensure that parents/senior citizens are hale and hearty.
- You can earn up to 21% of the premium under the HealthyReturns program.
- The plan allows policyholders to take a second e-opinion for their major illnesses through certified hospitals and provides health & wellness discounts as well.
|Entry Age|| Minimum: 55 years|
|Maximum Sum Insured|| Rs. 10 Lakhs||Rs. 25 Lakhs|
**Last Updated on August, 2021
Aditya Birla Activ Secure Plan
Aditya Birla Activ Secure Plan offers 4 types of plan to the policyholder that provides coverage to you and your family against all unfortunate incidents. Let's find out more about those plans:
i) Activ Secure Personal Accident Plan
The Active Secure Personal Accident Plan is designed to protect individuals and families from all the contingencies (death and disabilities) that occur due to accidents.
Apart from 100% total payout for death or disability (permanent or partial) due to accidents, the company also offers the option to select from five base plans that give a wide range of benefits such as:
- Education benefit
- Emergency road ambulance cover
- Funeral expenses
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Orphan benefit
- Modification benefit (residence/repair)
- Compassionate benefits
- The plan also provides a cumulative benefit of 5% every year
| Age|| Minimum: 5 years, Maximum: 65 years|
| Sum Insured||12 times the annual gross income|
ii) Activ Secure Critical Illness Plan
The Activ Secure Critical Illness plan is designed to provide financial protection against critical illnesses and the expenses related to them. The benefits offered by this plan can help individuals get compensated against the loss of income arising out of critical illnesses.
- The policy offers three plans:
- Plan 1: Protection against 20 critical illnesses
- Plan 2: Protection against 50 critical illnesses
- Plan 3: Protection against 64 major critical illnesses
- All three plans offer complete protection against all hospitalization expenses occurring since the first diagnosis, including a second health opinion and the services of a wellness coach.
- Under this plan, the policyholder gets a 150% payout of the sum insured for the diagnosis of more than one critical illness.
| Age|| Minimum entry age: Plan 1 & 2: 5 years, Plan 3: 18 years|
| Relationships covered||Self, spouse, up to 4 children, up to 2 parents and 2 parents-in-law|
| Maximum sum insured||Rs. 1 Crore|
iii) Activ Secure Hospital Cash Plan
The Activ Secure Hospital Cash Plan is designed to provide daily cash benefit for covering day-to-day expenses while being hospitalized.
- The plan provides a cash benefit for each day of hospitalization, irrespective of the hospital bill.
- Apart from these benefits, the plan also provides convalescence benefits, parental accommodation benefits, and a wellness coach who offers guidance on nutrition, fitness, and lifestyle habits.
| Days of the daily cash benefit|| 30/45/60|
| Cash benefit||Rs. 500 - Rs. 10,000|
iv) Activ Secure Cancer Secure Plan
The Active Secure Cancer Secure Plan is designed to provide a total medical cover for expenses arising out of a cancer diagnosis. The plan provides benefits for all three stages of cancer - early, major, and advanced-stage cancer.
- The plan offers a 10% cumulative bonus up to a maximum of 100% of the sum insured.
- The coverage of the plan varies according to the diagnosis- 50% of sum insured for early-stage cancer, 100% of sum insured for the major stage of cancer, and 150% of sum insured for the advanced stage of cancer.
- Apart from the above benefits, the policyholder also gets the option to avail of a second medical e-opinion on their diagnosis.
| Age|| Minimum: 18 years, Maximum: No Limit|
| Short survival period||7 days after the date of diagnosis|
Aditya Birla Global Health Secure
Global Health Secure is an international health cover that protects from listed 16 major illnesses, and cashless treatment across a global network of hospitals.
- The plan provides total international health cover for all expenses arising out of in-patient care such as doctor's fees, room rent, medicines, drugs, operation theatre expenses, and other expenses.
- If the policyholder is diagnosed with any one of the listed 16 major illnesses, then an international second e-opinion is also provided.
- Other benefits like an organ donor, travel, accommodation, and the repatriation of mortal remains are also provided.
| Entry Age|| Minimum: 91 days/5 years, Maximum: 65 years|
| Renewal Age||No Limit|
**Last Updated on August, 2021
Aditya Birla Group Insurance Products
Aditya Birla Group Insurance Products offer three types of plans that allows the policyholder to choose as per their requirements
i) Aditya Birla Group Activ Health Plan
Aditya Birla Group Activ Health plan provides comprehensive coverage to members of a group.
- A cashless claim settlement is possible.
- The plan offers multiple option covers to choose from with simple underwriting for quick policy issuance.
- You can receive tax benefits for the premium paid for this plan.
ii) Aditya Birla Group Activ Secure Plan
Aditya Birla Group Activ Secure Plan offers a lump-sum benefit to the policyholder against health events under the following plans-
- The plan offers Group Personal Accident Cover
- The plan offers Group Critical Illness Cover
- The plan offers Group Hospital Cash Benefit
iii) Aditya Birla Group Activ Travel
It is comprehensive travel insurance that is customizable with optional covers to meet the needs of the customers.
- Under this plan, one can choose the region-specific plans to fulfil their travel needs.
- The plan also offers new-age features such as an emergency home visit, lifestyle support due to accidents, and a mugging cover.
- The plan offers a bag full of additional services in case of medical/non-medical emergencies.
Aditya Birla Corona Kavach
Getting diagnosed with Corona not only has ill effects on your body but also has the potential to wipe off all your savings. Under Aditya Birla Corona Kavach, you can avail protection against covid-19 related expenses for yourself and your family.
- The plan covers PPE Kit, gloves, and mask expenses.
- AYUSH Treatment expenses are also covered.
- No medical tests are required to enrol under this policy.
| Coverage Available to|| Legally wedded spouse|
Parents and Parents-in-law
Dependent Children (i.e. natural or legally adopted) between the age of 1 day and 25 years. If the child above 18 years of age is financially independent, they shall be ineligible for coverage
| Sum Insured||Rs. 50,000 - Rs. 5 Lakhs|
| Policy Term||Three and Half Months (105 days), Six and Half Months (195 days), Nine and Half Months (285 days) including an initial waiting period of 15 days.|
How To Buy an Aditya Birla Health Insurance Policy?
You can buy the plan directly from the company's website. Just follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website of the company. On the top, you will find a sub-title 'Protecting'. Click on the 'Health Insurance' option under that sub-title.
- You will then be redirected to the Health Insurance page. On the top-right corner, click on the 'Quick Quote'.
- Enter all the required details and your health insurance premium amount will be displayed on the screen, where you can select the plan as per your needs and requirements.
- Once you pay the premium online, you will get all the policy documents at your registered email address.
You can also buy it from PolicyX.com. We, at PolicyX.com can provide a dedicated agent by your side during the entire process. Below is its buying process.
- Fill in the details in the 'Calculate Premium' form.
- The next page will show all the available plans. Choose the Aditya Birla health plan and click on 'Buy Now'.
- Pay the premium and your policy document will be shared with you on your registered email.
How To Renew an Aditya Birla Health Insurance Policy?
- Visit the official website of Aditya Birla Health Insurance. On the top right, click on the 'Renew' option.
- From the drop-down menu, select 'Quick Renew'.
- On the next page, fill up your policy number, prosper's date of birth or mobile number.
- Click on the 'Abhi Karo'
- Pay the premium online, and your Aditya Birla health insurance renewal details will be mailed to your registered email address.
How is an Aditya Birla Health Insurance Claim Processed?
- Check the list of network hospitals from Aditya Birla's website. At the network hospital, show the cashless card of Aditya Birla Capital Health Insurance and valid ID proof like Passport, PAN Card, Voting card, etc.
- After the identification is done, the network hospital will send the cashless hospitalization request form to Aditya Birla. (For planned hospitalization, the form needs to be submitted 3 days in advance. For emergency cases, it needs to be submitted within 48 hours after hospitalization).
- Aditya Birla will review the form. After completion of the formalities, the decision will be forwarded to you through SMS and E-mail.
- Once done, the payment will be made to the network hospital.
If you are admitted to a non-network hospital, you have to pay the hospital directly after the treatment is done.
- To file a claim, submit the following documents to Aditya Birla within 15 days of discharge:
- Claim form (Part A & B)
- Health card
- KYC documents
- Original discharge summary
- Hospital bills
- The invoice with payment receipt
- All consultation papers
- After reviewing the documents, Aditya Birla will take the appropriate decision and if approved, the amount will be reimbursed through NEFT to the registered bank account.
Note- You need to inform the company within 48 hours (in case of emergency hospitalization) and 3 days before your admission (for planned hospitalization).
Find Out What The Customers Are Saying
(Showing latest 5 reviews only)
August 12, 2021
August 12, 2021
April 27, 2021
January 23, 2021
September 28, 2020
Last updated on August, 2021