Travelling is a wonderful experience that lets you rejuvenate and relax. It makes you the explorer who sees life beyond horizons. Travelling for work, leisure or higher education exposes you to a new world of opportunities. However, the success of your trip does not merely depend upon your flight bookings and hotel accommodations, there’s a lot more precaution needed to ensure a safe and sound travel experience.
It’s always better to stay safe than sorry. In a foreign country, amidst new culture and people, in case you fall sick or meet with an accident, it may get difficult to the bear unexpected medical expenses. The medical facilities and expenses at international destinations are very high as compared to India; meeting such contingency expenses may jeopardize your travel plan and impact the financial stability. To avoid such financial setbacks and take precaution beforehand, it’s essential to opt for a travel insurance policy to safeguard yourself and your family from any such unforeseen expenses. Whether you’re travelling for business, leisure, or studies, the last thing you want is any worry making the experience any less than amazing. This is where travel insurance comes in to take care of the worries so you can enjoy the whole trip, from the flight to stay carefree. Following are the 5 best travel insurance for the year 2018.
Apollo Munich Insurance Company Limited offers a wide range of products to the customers that suit their situation and meet all the desired requirement of the customers. The Apollo Munich Easy Travel insurance plans protect the insured person against various risks, such as illnesses, theft and any other such occurrences when the person is travelling alone or with family. This travel policy plan has five policy variants, which are, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Asian Region. The policyholder has the option to choose from the different coverage options, such as worldwide coverage, worldwide excluding America and Canada or Asia-Pacific, excluding Japan the Company offers travel insurance policies to individuals, their families, and senior citizens. The benefit of the insurance plan is as following –
- Easy travel individual – The minimum and maximum eligibility age is 6 months and 70 years respectively. One can ensure a sum of Rs.25000 to Rs.5,00,000. This plan offers benefit of medical assistance on a worldwide level to the customer. The total loss of baggage checked in handbags is covered under the easy travel individual plan of Apollo Munich. Any damage to own vehicle like the car is also reimbursed under the plan along with the personal accident cover.
- Easy travel Family insurance plan – The minimum and maximum eligibility age of this plan is also 6 months and 70 years respectively. The minimum sum that one can ensure is Rs. 25,000 while the maximum amount is Rs.1,00,000/-
- Easy travel Senior Citizen insurance Plan – The minimum and maximum eligibility age of this plan are also 71 years and 80 years respectively. This plan gives benefit of personal accident cover and facility of medical assistance at a worldwide level.
- Easy Travel Annual Multi-Trip Plan – Anyone, who is travelling and want to have a safe and secure journey, he or she can be insured under this travel insurance plan. The minimum sum that one can ensure is Rs. 25,000 while the maximum amount is Rs.5,00,000/-
Apollo Munich Travel Insurance offers two types of claims-
- Cashless Claim: – Under cashless claim, one need to utilize the hospitals that are on the panel of this insurance company. Verification by TPA will be done and only after proper authorization, direct payment will be made to the hospital.
- Reimbursement Claim: – For reimbursement claim, one need to pay upfront to the hospital and seek reimbursement from the insurers. Customers need to submit valid documents along with the claim forms to proceed. Generally, the claims are settled within 7 working days.
Bajaj Allianz is the world-class leader in the field of insurance. Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance offers various plans to meet the travel security needs of an individual and the entire family. Who would like to ruin a perfect journey because of loss of finances, theft or any other mishaps? Travelling abroad to a foreign land takes a lot of risk along with the thrill and enjoyment. If you suffer from a medical emergency, then the Medical expenses in foreign currency and hospitalization charges can be prohibitively expensive. Bajaj Allianz travel policy covers you for your all medical expenses and it is just a fraction of the amount you would otherwise need to pay.
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance plan covers the expenses of hospitalization, loss of baggage and other incidental expenses with the customer.
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance Plan covers the customer against trip cancellation, trip curtailment and burglary of the customer’s home.
Following are the few Travel insurance plans that are offered by Bajaj Allianz to cover an individual and the family –
- Bajaj Allianz Individual Travel Insurance Policy
- Bajaj Allianz Family Travel Insurance Policy
- Bajaj Allianz Senior Citizen Travel Insurance Policy
- Bajaj Allianz Student Travel Insurance Policy
Apart from the above-mentioned policies, it has a list of various travel insurance plans for customers, from which one can choose the best that suits their requirement. These plans include Travel Asia Plan, Travel Companion Plan, Travel Assist Plan, Swades Yatra Plan and Travel Elite Plan. One needs to pick the suitable plan.
Tata AIG Travel Insurance offers complete protection throughout the trip and offers even reimbursement/ compensation when there is an emergency. And one can stay well covered under various travel insurance plans. Any Indian resident who is aged between 6 months and up to life can avail this insurance plan while travelling abroad for leisure or for the purpose of business is eligible for the travel insurance policy. There are four Travel Insurance Plans which are there under TATA AIG Travel Insurance Plans, these are namely:
- Travel Guard Plan.
- Student Guard Plan.
- Asia Travel Guard Plan
- Domestic Travel Guard Plan.
Tata AIG Travel Insurance supports the customer on the medical basis like it provides medical assistance, medical evacuation in time of emergency. It also provides facility of repatriation. This plan covers the Accidental Death or Dismemberment. Travel Insurance by Tata AIG also provides non-medical support like Emergency Cash Transfers and Advances, Legal Assistance, various Pre-departure services, General Assistance and assistance in case of Lost Luggage or Lost Passport. Loss of Personal liability, passport hijack cash benefit, or trip delay or cancellation of the trip is also reimbursed under this plan.
SBI Travel Insurance Plans provides a complete and wide-ranging travel insurance coverage for oneself and his/her family while travelling. This plan is well trusted and it gives complete protection to the medical and financial emergency of the customer that might arise while one is travelling abroad for the purpose of the holiday as well as for business. Any Indian resident who is aged between 6 months and up to the age of 70 years can avail this insurance plan while travelling abroad for leisure or for the purpose of business is eligible for the travel insurance policy. Any foreign Nationals who are working in India can also apply for this policy. SBI Travel insurance is one of the most comprehensive policies in the industry. It covers the various expenses of the travellers like Medical Expenses including Evacuation & Repatriation coverage, travel support, and personal accident cover. This plan also comes for a rescue of the customer during the loss of passport, trip cancellation, missed connections, hijack cover, trip delay and daily allowance in case of hospitalization. Period of insurance
- a) One can enjoy the policy for the Single trip. Policy can be issued for minimum 1 day up to a maximum of 180 days duration.
- b) One can enjoy the details of at the multi trip. In this case, the policy will be issued only for one year and not for any duration shorter or longer than one year.
Any Indian resident who is aged between 6 months and up to 70 years can avail the HDFC Travel insurance plan.
The travel insurance plan covers the emergency medical expenses, any Dental expenses, and charges emergency hospital cash. This plan also provides Personal accident coverage. Apart from the medical cover, this plan also provides the non-medical covers for Flight delay, loss of checked baggage, passport or flight hijack. HDFC ERGO brings various travel plans and you can choose from the following –
- Individual Travel Insurance
- Family Floater Travel Insurance
- Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance.
HDFC ERGO provides coverage for Single Trip, Multiple Trips, Asia, and also a Family Floater Plan with various sum insured options from which a customer needs to choose a travel insurance plan that suit the customer best and meet his/her all requirements for travel safety.
2,784 total views, 1 views today