When you go for a vacation or holiday, the only thing that occupy your mind are bags, hotel bookings, tickets, music player, handy cam, etc. However, strangely, no one really gives attention to taking a travel insurance policy prior to heading out to a new place. Insurance is never considered essential until something actually wrong happens. Nevertheless, most of the times it is too late to understand your fault and take the insurance policy. It is very important to realize that even a small calamity can ruin your beautiful holiday. Before going to a vacation one must take steps to take care of the financial safety of the whole family.
Travelling to other countries has now become a common part of our lives and obviously no one really wants something to go wrong. Though, some incidents are predictable and one must be prepared to face such adverse situations. Incidents like loss of baggage, delay or cancellation of flights, medical complications are some of the common possibilities while travelling. For that reason, it is essential to be covered during such risky times when you have insufficient access to resources.
Travel insurance serves the purpose of insuring the risk of a financial loss or health complication while travelling. You can even get travel insurance temporarily for a single tour. Those who are frequent travelers can opt for an insurance that includes trips throughout the year. The most common travel insurance options are: adventure travel, business travel, cruise travel, leisure travel, international travel and overseas student travel. The overseas travel insurance usually covers:
- Overseas Medical expenses
- Trip Delay
- Loss, theft or harm to documents, money or personal possessions
- Loss of passport
- Accidental death or injury
- Missed connecting flight
- Sudden weather conditions that led to trip cancellation expenses
- Delayed baggage
Why it is Important?
If you are travelling out of the country, the most cautious thing you need to do once you have made your travel plans is to get yourself and your family covered under travel insurance. This is an inclusive policy that covers all financial and medical emergencies that could happen when you are least prepared for them.
Whether it is the loss of passport or baggage, accident or sudden illness, theft, requiring hospitalization, natural calamity or the likes, you are covered by travel cover. What if you have to miss your flight due to an unforeseen accident? Your extended stay will be covered by travel insurance. For instances of the flight taking off leaving your baggage behind, what do you do after landing with few clothes on? Change them with the compensation offered by travel insurance.
The above-mentioned situations emphasize the unquestionable importance of travel insurance and how, travel insurance can be your rescuer during tough times. This is particularly true when you are in foreign territory and are caught in a seize situation.
Let’s look at how insuring your travel can be an advantage for you.
- Baggage Loss :Airlines misplacing passenger baggage is a very common incidence. Covering the expense of replacing your lost baggage and belongings is a part of travel insurance.
- Medical Care & Evacuation: You are taken care of completely in case you fall sick or suffer an injury. Right from the medicines to diagnostic tests and medical supplies, all medical costs are covered by medical cover. Just in case you require to be evacuated to a place with better medical facilities, your insurance will take care of that too.
- Personal Accident:If you are a victim of a sudden mishap, resulting in death or permanent disability, a part will be offered as compensation.
- Repatriation of Remains:In the unfortunate event of the death of the insured, a travel insurance policy covers expenses for repatriation of the remains.
How to buy travel insurance?
Well, it is as simple as buying a life insurance plan. You can go to an agent or look for online options which are in abundance and offer affordable rates with comprehensive benefits. There is a huge variety of travel insurance policies that provide you several benefits in one package. In fact, online buying of travel insurance is the rising trend. Why don’t you try this for yourself?
Reason of buying Travel Insurance through online
- Hassle Free Registration:Buying travel insurance online is a very easy and fast process. With services offered round the clock, you’ll, with ease find a plan that suits you.
- Instant Booking:When time is a restraint, Purchasing online is the best and quickest option.
- Comparison of premiums: online you have the choice to compare premiums and get the best plan for yourself.
- Flexible Payment Options:Internet buying provides multiple payment options that are customer friendly. It has the option of paying through credit card or debit card or net banking. Apart from that it provides facility to avail the EMI option to pay for the policy.
Some Useful things you must consider
With your family holiday well-planned and covered by travel insurance, you are sure to have an enjoyable and risk-free vacation. Travel insurance premium is mostly privileged for locations where medical costs are exclusive. So, it is better to narrow down your travel place to get the advantage of premium.
Make sure that you declare the intention of your travel exactly in the application form; even if it is a fun holiday or an adventure trip, it must mention everything on the suggestion form. A standard travel insurance plan is not suitable to cover risks for adventurous actions. Nevertheless, you can pay extra premium to look for coverage for such activities. It is better to compare travel insurance plans so that you are able to get the best deal. Once you are insured, you can travel anywhere across the world and feel safe, secure, and most importantly be at peace with yourself. This will of course improve your overall enthusiasm for the trip. After all, it is not every day that you go for holiday. Have a safe trip!
24,875 total views, 3 views today