Your Guide to a Pain-Free Life: Foods to Avoid During Piles!
"Hey, Rohan, you look dull, what happened ?" asked his colleagues to Rohan, who was holding his stomach while coming out of the loo. "OH yes yes!" he replied hiding his pain. Actually, the reason for his pain was the washroom. It started around a month ago, earlier he thought that it was usual constipation. But later on, he noticed blood in the poop. Not only this, his situation had made it tough for him to even sit, stand, and walk properly.
Have you also gone through the same situation? Well, if yes then you need to read this article. This condition can be a troubling condition called PILES.
What is Piles?
Pile is a condition in which the tissues around the anus get inflamed and swollen resulting in painful stools and sometimes blood drops in the stool.
When someone is suffering from piles, there might be days when you feel more pain than some other days. It might be your food habits. So, this is totally in your hands, how you manage your diet to control such kinds of conditions. This article will help you how.
Food Items to Avoid in Piles
To manage and alleviate the discomfort of piles, it is very important to know which food items you need to avoid. These choices of food can make the condition worse.
Spicy FoodSpices can irritate the digestive tract and can worsen the hemorrhoid. It is suggested to avoid excessive consumption of hot peppers, curries, and other spicy dishes.
Processed FoodsHigh preservatives can also be the cause of your problems. And processed food is often high in salt and preservatives, which can cause piles.
AlcoholAlcohol can dehydrate the body, leading to hard and dry stool, a major contributor to hemorrhoids. So, you need to really limit your alcohol intake and instead drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated.
CaffeineHigher intake of caffeine can lead to dehydration and we have just read in the last point, how dehydration is harmful. So, simply reduce your caffeine intake or balance it with water consumption.
Unripe FruitsUnripe fruits might cause irritants or constipation that can make you uncomfortable.
Refined GrainsRefined grains are deficient in fibre and they can cause constipation. So simple or processed carbohydrates should be consumed in moderation.
High Salted FoodHigh-salted food leads to water retention, which can affect the blood vessels and dehydration. Dehydration is the main cause of piles.
MeatThe consumption of red meat has known adverse effects on healthy bowel movement and features in the list of foods to avoid in Piles.
Dairy ProductWe know that milk and other dairy products have a very low fiber content. Therefore, consuming them may cause constipation and might make the condition worse.
Deep Fried Food ItemsDeep-fried food items are considered heavy food for the digestive system. These foods also lose nutritional value on deep frying which can lead to unwanted constipation.
Foods You Should Take to Prevent Piles
I know, I know, a lot to avoid no? But don't worry, here is the list of food that prevents piles. Read below to know more.
- High-fiber food- Fiber can be your ally in maintaining regular and soft bowel movements. Foods like whole grains, fruits, and vegetables are high-fiber foods. Incorporating them into your regular diet can be highly beneficial.
- Water- Have you heard that water is the solution to every problem? Yes, this statement is absolutely right. Water keeps you hydrated, and staying hydrated is crucial for softening stool and reducing the risk of constipation. Make an aim to drink at least eight to ten glasses of water every day.
- Leafy Greens- Leafy greens are a rich source of vitamins and minerals that support digestive health. These green leafy vegetables like spinach help in reducing inflammation and discomfort associated with piles.
- Yogurt- Probiotic-rich foods like yogurt maintain a healthy gut. Potentially it can reduce the risk of hemorrhoids.
- Rooted Vegetables- Vegetables like sweet potato, beetroot, turnips, carrots, etc. are some of the examples of nutritious vegetables. They include around 3-5 grams of fiber per serving, which is excellent for the digestive system and gets rid of problems like piles.
- Fruits- All the fruits contain some percentage of water and a lot of fiber. And it is a fantastic remedy to treat hemorrhoids.
- Radish Juice- Radish juice is great for the digestive system, it soothes the problems related to the gut and prevents piles.
Hemorrhoids, or piles can cause a lot of pain and discomfort. While certain foods may worsen your symptoms, others can be highly beneficial. However, if your symptoms don't improve, see your healthcare provider to determine the best treatment plan for you. Also, you just need to understand that all the problems related to the digestive system such as piles, can be cured by taking fibrous food and water and avoiding spices. Having a good diet with the best food during piles is a good step towards curing the problem.