New India Global Mediclaim Policy
Illness is a natural phenomenon. All that you can do is take precautions but what if you still fall sick, that too while you are outside India? In such a situation, the medical bills can dent a hole into your savings. Here is a solution to this problem- New India Global Mediclaim Policy is a global health insurance plan offered by the New India Assurance Corporation Limited. This health plan provides you with financial support through cashless medical facilities when you are outside India.
Who Can Buy New India Global Mediclaim Policy?
All who have a health insurance policy with a sum insured of Rs.8 lakhs and above are eligible to buy this plan. Moreover, non-availability of the base policy will not prejudice either the claim or policy renewal. Other than this, here is an eligibility table mentioned below.
|Entry Age||18 Years - 65 Years|
|The person beyond 65 years can continue their insurance without any break.|
If you are fulfilling the age eligibility, you should know about the plan options provided under the New India Global Mediclaim Policy. They are as follows-
They are based on the maximum sum insured allowed to an individual under the New India Global Mediclaim Plan:
- Plan A: USD 0.5 million (USD 1 million for a lifetime) [Asia Treatment Plan]
- Plan B: USD 1 million (USD 2 million for a lifetime) [Worldwide Treatment Plan] WLMC (World Leading Medical Centre) - Named centres will be used for offering this treatment.
Note: The policyholders are permitted to change only from Plan B to Plan A.
Benefits & Features Of New India Global Mediclaim Policy
The salient features of the plan along with benefits provided have been mentioned below:
- Nationality Eligibility: The plan can be issued only to the Indian citizens (residing in India) and not to the NRIs, OCIS, POIS or foreign nationals residing in India for employment.
- Pre-Insurance Health Checkup: Pre-Insurance Health Checkup is mandatory for all who want to buy the New India Global Mediclaim Policy. The cost of medical screening is to be borne by the proposer of the policy. In case the proposal is accepted, 50% of the cost is reimbursed to the policyholder. Here is a table with all the tests that one needs to undergo before buying the plan.
|18 Years - 45 Years||MER, RUA, ECG, CTMT, LFT with ESR, Lipid Profile, FBS, HbA1c, HIV, HbsAg, SCreat, USG Abdomen & Pelvis, 2d Echo.|
|45 Years and above||MER, RUA, ECG, CTMT, LFT with ESR, Lipid Profile, FBS, HbA1c, HIV, HbsAg, SCreat, USG Abdomen & Pelvis, 2d Echo, PSA (for males of age 55 years and above) & PAP smear (for females only).|
- Loading: Loading is applied under the plan in the case of treatment depending on the medical condition of the insured. The risk loading can go up to 100% based on medical reports of the insured.
- Waiting Period: The policyholder needs to serve a waiting period of 90 days for availing all the treatments mentioned in the list of the plan.
- Free Look period: A free look period of 15 days applies to the plan. Under the free look period, the insured can cancel the policy. In the case of any dissatisfaction with the coverage, terms and conditions of the plan the insured can use this benefit provided under the plan. The 15 days duration is counted from the date of inception of the policy.
- Policy cancellation: In case the insured hides some genuine medical details/information from the insurance company, the insurance company can cancel the policy within 30 days from the inception of the policy.
In the case of cancellation, premiums are refunded to the insured for the corresponding period of the policy. If no claim has been processed, the refund of premiums is done on the following basis mentioned in the table below:
|Risk Period||Refund |
|Up to 1 month||3/4th of the annual rate|
|Up to 3 months||1/2th of the annual rate|
|Up to 6 months||1/4th of the annual rate|
|Beyond 6 months||NIL|
- Policy Renewal: The New India Global Mediclaim Policy can be renewed, subject to the condition that the renewal premium is paid 30 days before the date of expiry of the policy.
- Policy Revision/Modification: In case there are any changes brought in the New India Global Mediclaim Policy, the insurance company sends a notice to the policyholder 90 days before making any changes in the policy.
- Discount: A discount of 5% on the premium is provided to the insureds who already have a health insurance policy under New India Assurance Corporation Limited.
Diseases Included/Excluded Under New India Global Mediclaim Policy?
|1. Cancer Related Surgery:|
- The New India Global Mediclaim Plan provides primary treatment for stage II and above cancer subject to the condition that it is newly diagnosed.
- Up to 2 confirmed relapses get primary treatment.
- Cancer types that are covered under the New India Global Mediclaim Plan are leukaemia, lymphoma and sarcoma.
- Curative surgery and immediate chemo & radiotherapy are included in the primary treatment.
- The plan does not cover all non-melanoma skin cancer.
- Under this, the insured can get intracranial structures treatment. This includes the brain, requiring general anaesthesia and a craniotomy.
- The insured also gets cover for keyhole surgery.
|3. Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG):|
- Treatment is provided relating to the correction of blockage/ narrowing in one or more coronary artery(s).
- The policyholder does not get cover for angioplasty and other intra-arterial procedures.
|4. Heart Valve Surgery:|
- Coverage for open-heart surgery to replace/repair the heart valves.
- No coverage is provided for any type of intra-arterial catheter procedures.
|5. Living Organ Donor Transplant:|
- The plan covers the surgical transplant of organs like kidney, a segment of liver or section of pancreas, and pulmonary lobe.
- Travel expenses and accommodation expenses of the donor are also covered under the plan.
|6. Bone Marrow Transplant:|
- The plan provides coverage for surgical bone marrow transplant.
Coverage Provided Under New India Global Mediclaim Policy
The New India Global Mediclaim Policy provides excellent medical amenities and coverage to its policyholders. Few of the coverage provided under the plan have been explained henceforth:
- Second E-Opinion: Coverage for the second opinion is provided under the plan if the insured is diagnosed with some illness.
- WLMC Admittance: This plan gets you admittance in WLMC (only). You get medical treatment coverage only outside India.
- Financial Coverage Details: The policyholder under the plan gets financial coverage as detailed below:
- Travel Cost up to USD 3,000 per person (per annum).
- The insurance company bears the travel cost of one companion. The travel cost for one companion is up to USD 3,000 per annum.
- The actual cost of airport pickup is managed by the health insurance company under the New India Global Mediclaim Policy.
- For accommodation expenses, you get USD 330 daily for a maximum of 30 days per policy period.
- The New India Health Insurance Company also provides cover for translation assistance abroad.
- The insurance company provides up to USD 15,000 per insured for the repatriation (bringing back to the native country) of their mortal remains.
- All the medical expenses incurred relating to the donor (including the travel expense and accommodation charges) are covered by the insurance company.
The policyholder of the New India Global Mediclaim Policy gets a smooth and hassle-free claim process. All that is required to be done is to file the claim and stay relaxed. The policyholder can raise a claim the moment s/he is diagnosed with an illness. Here are steps to apply for the claim.
Step 1: Call MediGuide and get medical second opinion process initiated.
Step 2: MediGuide would ask for following documents which the insured needs to submit:
- First consultation paper.
- Final diagnosis documents.
- On final diagnosis, the certificate of consulting doctor also needs to be submitted.
- All investigation report documents.
- Consent form.
- Policyholder committing any breach of law.
Step 3: Three WLMCs are selected from the network of WLMCs by MediGuide based on the type of medical specialist required as per the illness.
Step 4: The policyholder needs to choose one of the WLMCs to proceed with the treatment.
Step 5: Medical Documents are shared with WLMC for further verifications.
Step 6: The insured gets permission for the second opinion within 10 working days.
Step 7: After confirmation under the medical second opinion the insured can move on in the following way:
- Call on Toll-Free number to inform MediGuide about the consent of moving ahead with the claim.
- The MediGuide will move on the information to the New India Assurance Company Ltd.
- After the New India Assurance Company Ltd. sends it confirmation on the matter, MediGuide coordinates with their international case coordinator. They manage all the necessary documents for visa and pass on to the policyholder.
- After the policyholder receives the visa, s/he can inform the concerned authority for ticket bookings, airport pickup facility, accommodation facility near to the hospital & Toll-Free number for the translation service provider. The policyholder needs to submit the required documents to the concerned authority for the booking procedures.
- After the insured reaches the destination, the MediGuide takes the responsibility for his/her travel from the airport to the hotel/hospital as per the seriousness of the case.
- The insured can take treatment comfortably and the relatives can take feedback from the translator service provided by MediGuide.
- After the completion of the treatment, the MediGuide arranges for the travel of the insured back to India.
- No coverage is provided for any medical condition arising due to any pre-existing illness.
- Any disease diagnosed in the initial 90 days from the date of inception of the policy.
- Any treatments and medical services are taken in India.
- Any healthcare facility is required due to alcoholism.
- Any medical situations arising out of drug abuse or any other intoxicating substance.
- All the medical cost incurred prior to the medical second opinion issuance by the World Leading Medical Centre as per the MediGuide.
- Any medical situation arising due to involvement in any unlawful activity.
- Any involvement in war or defence activity.
- Prosthesis, corrective devices and medical appliances which are not required in the treatment of the listed illnesses.
- Any self-inflicted injury like suicide or attempt to suicide.
- Cosmetic surgery or any type of plastic surgery.
- If the insured acts as a donor for some third party.
- Stem cells transplants are not covered other than bone marrow transplant.
- A transplant from a dead donor.
- Unreasonable or non-customary charges.
- Any traumatic injuries of the heart valve.
- Any traumatic injury of aorta.
- Any annual review of the policy or check-ups expenses is not covered under the plan.