Established in 2006, Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd. is an insurance service provider that specializes in providing various types of insurance covers such as health, personal accident, overseas travel insurance, etc.
It is India’s first standalone health insurance provider, and with more than 10,600 employees working in 550 offices, Star Health ensures that the best product is offered to suit the needs of its customers. It has won multiple rewards in 2018 and 2019, making it one of the top health insurance companies to choose from.
Star Health Insurance has designed its website and mobile apps to allow hassle-free payment of premiums. Apart from these, there are e-wallets through which payment can be done and as always, traditional offline ways are also available. Let us understand all these types in detail.
Through Star Health Official Website
The official website of Star Health offers an easy way to buy insurance policies and pay premiums. As a prospective customer, you can buy a policy using the ‘Instant Buy’ page by directly selecting the product that you need for yourself or your family.
While you can buy a policy directly, it is beneficial to register yourself to avail of all the benefits provided by Star Health. How can you register yourself? Here are the steps:
New User Registration
- Visit the Star Health website, click on the ‘Login’ button on the far right corner of the screen and select ‘Retail Customer’.
- Since you are a new user, click on ‘Register Now’ on the page that has appeared on the screen.
- On the first page, enter your first name and the last name, and click on ‘Let’s Start’.
- Now enter all your personal details: Mobile Number, Email, Password, and Confirm Password and click on continue.
- After filling the details, an OTP will be sent to your email ID and phone number which you need to enter on the screen and then click on ‘Continue’.
- Now you will be taken to the dashboard, where you can edit your profile, enter your policy number, date of birth, and pay your premium through debit card, credit, card, and other available e-wallet options.
Through Star Health App
Star Health Insurance has developed a ‘Star Power’ App as a platform for its customers to view and buy insurance policies. Rather than browsing the official website on your mobile, this app can help you pay your premiums easily, without having to browse through endless pages and screens.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the app from the Play/App Store, click on the ‘Login’ button appearing on the top-right side of the screen.
- Click on ‘Register Now’ and enter your first name and last name and click on ‘Let’s Start’. All the other pages are similar to the way new users have to login through the website, hence follow the same steps mentioned in the ‘New User Registration’ mentioned in the earlier section of this article.
- Once registered, you can view all the details on your mobile dashboard, and make your premium payments via credit, debit cards, or through available e-wallet options.
The use of digital wallets or e-wallets has gone a long way in helping customers go cashless for their e-commerce uses. The digital currency has made its mark in the Indian market and insurance premium payments are also being supported by the e-wallets, sometimes with attractive offers. How can you pay your premiums for Star Health Insurance policies? Here’s how:
- Go to Paytm website, and click on ‘More’ on the menu bar and click ‘Insurance’ from the drop-down.
- It will take you to a page new page, where you will have to select ‘Star Health and Allied Insurance’ in the ‘Select your Insurer’ tab.
- Enter your Policy number, Date of Birth and click on ‘Get your premium’.
- You will be taken to the premium payment page, where you can make the payment and the softcopy of the premium receipt and the payment receipt will be emailed to you within two working days.
- If you are using the Paytm app, then click on ‘Insurance’ on the “Pay Bills from the Convenience Of” section under ‘Recharges and Bill Payments’.
- Select ‘Star Health and Allied Insurance’ in the ‘Select your Insurer’ tab. Enter your Policy number, Date of Birth and click on ‘Get your premium’.
- You will be taken to the premium payment page, where you can make the payment using your Paytm balance.
Star Health Insurance caters to all the sections of the society, even those who prefer to follow the traditional offline mode of purchasing policies and paying their premiums. The company has set-up more than 550 branches all over India which have been equipped with expert advisors who are on hand to guide you through the process.
Direct Payment at Star Health Branches
You can visit the nearest branch of Star Health and pay your premium through Cheque, Demand Draft, or through Cash (for premiums less than Rs. 50,000). If you are paying through cheque, then write your Policy number and Mobile number at the back of your cheque for easy processing.
Pay in Cash at Authorized Cash Collection Centers
You can avail the facility of paying your premium in cash at your nearest Common Service Centers. It is an initiative by the Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY), Government of India to help people use financial services in an easy manner, especially those who are not adept in using digital services.
By Courier or Post
You can also send your demand draft or cheque to your nearest Star Health branch office through courier, post, speed post, etc. Once the premium is received and debited, the company will send an acknowledgement at your address mentioned in the policy.
You can reach the head office at the following address:
Star Health & Allied Insurance Co. Ltd,
No.1, New Tank Street, Valluvarkottam High Road,
Chennai - 600 034
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 I paid my premium online through the website, but it stopped half-a-way during the payment processing. What should I do to check if I have to pay it again or if the amount will be debited?
Ans. To check the status of your payment, you can call the company on its toll-free numbers 1800 425 2255 /1800 102 4477 and do as directed by the customer service representative.
Q.2 I want to pay the premium for renewing my Star Health insurance policy. Is there a link where I can instantly pay the premium, rather than going through the Customer portal?
Ans. Yes. You can pay your renewal premiums directly on this link.
Q.3 I paid my premium using the online premium method; however, I didn’t receive the acknowledgement email, either the premium receipt. What should I do?
Ans. The best way to solve the issue is to submit a ticket through the portal. Select the appropriate category for your grievance and the company’s customer service executive will get back to you.
Q.4 My premium amount is Rs. 52,000, which I will be paying in cash at the CSC centre. What documents do I need to carry?
Ans. Apart from carrying your Insurance policy and other requested documents, you also need to mandatorily submit your PAN number as per the IRDAI policy for payments above Rs. 50,000.