What is a Comprehensive Health Insurance?
Health Insurance is an essential investment given the consistent rise of medical care around the globe and the occurrence of lifestyle illnesses affecting millions of people. It is imperative to invest in comprehensive health care in order
to provide you and your family with the best healthcare without draining your life savings.
Comprehensive health insurance encompasses all essential covers with additional benefits that raise the overall quality of health care for an individual/family. Investing in comprehensive health care usually means that you don’t need to invest
in any additional health plans as a comprehensive health care plan covers even advanced treatments such as organ donor cover, modern treatments, and more.
Comprehensive medical insurance is known for their extensive coverage and includes room rent cover, road ambulance cover, pre and post-hospitalization cover, day care treatments, domiciliary hospitalization, AYUSH treatments, and more.
Why is comprehensive health care essential?
Investing in the best comprehensive health insurance scheme is a necessity in today’s world as it provides 360-degree coverage and protects you from drowning in any medical bills. Along with offering extensive coverage across the board, it allows
individuals to add family members under the same plan. Comprehensive health care covers in-patient and out-patient treatments, including consultations, medical tests, and hospital stays.
A lot of comprehensive health care also covers physiotherapy, homeopathy, acupuncture, and other benefits at a sub-limit. Comprehensive Health Care also allows you to add additional benefits at an additional premium as riders.
What are the benefits of comprehensive health care?
There are multiple benefits of a comprehensive health care plan as it offers broad coverage apart from covering basic essentials that medicare covers.
- Extensive Coverage with Value Added Services Insurance holders realize the benefits of comprehensive health care when it covers their medical costs for every medical emergency be
it treatment due to an unfortunate accident or a serious critical illness. Comprehensive health care offers all-around coverage for day treatments, pre and post-hospitalization coverage, and more.
- Cover Family Members Under the Same Plan Comprehensive health care offers coverage for family members. Additional family members like spouses, dependent children, and parents can
be covered under the same plan.
- Additional Benefits Comprehensive health care provides users with multiple additional benefits such as riders. Riders are additional coverage options provided apart from the basic
coverage that is offered under comprehensive health care. Riders or Additional coverages may vary from insurer to insurer like maternity cover, hospital cash, global cover, emergency air ambulance, and more such variants.
- Wellness Programs and Rewards Multiple health insurance providers offer wellness programs to their customers. These wellness programs in comprehensive health care set up small tasks
which once completed, provide you with healthcare benefits like free doctor consultations, and discounts on renewal and diagnostics. It is a smart initiative to help insurance holders maintain a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle.
- Avail of No-claim Bonus It is a bonus that insurance holders receive when no claim is raised during the policy period. Insurance holders can avail no-claim bonus when purchasing
comprehensive health care. The percentage of the bonus starts from 5% and goes up to 100% and even 200% varying from insurer to insurer.
Things to keep in mind while buying a comprehensive health insurance policy
To avoid disappointment do consider these points before buying a comprehensive health insurance policy:
- Sufficient Coverage The plan should provide sufficient coverage for the premiums that it charges. A higher premium cost does not necessarily mean that the plan is comprehensive. So compare the cost of the plan with its coverage for a reasonable and efficient health policy. Look for a plan having a No-Claim Bonus facility which will increase the sum insured without increasing the premium amount.
- Add-on Features Look for plans that include many additional benefits like ambulance coverage, wellness programs, health check-ups, coverage for daycare procedures, and domiciliary treatment. Services like these enhance the coverage of the policy.
- Exclusions Find out what your desired insurance plan does not cover. Policy documents act as a bible while buying a health insurance plan as there are many diseases that are not even covered by the policy, all the information is given in the policy document.
- Sub-limits on various services Insurance policies place sub-limits or cappings on many features that they provide. Going beyond these sub-limits can lead to you paying for these expenses.
- Sum Insured Policyholders must evaluate whether their comprehensive health insurance policy is sufficient to cover medical expenses for themselves as well, as for their families. They must consider factors like age, health condition, and estimated medical costs while calculating the appropriate sum insured.
- Waiting Period Before buying any health insurance, read the policy document and understand the limitations of the policy, such as the waiting period for particular diseases.
- Renewal and Premiums Best comprehensive health insurance must have a hassle-free renewal process. Nowadays companies have designed their renewal process that can be done within seconds.
- Claim Process and Customer Support Comprehensive medical insurance must have an easy claim settlement process that gives the customers a smooth experience. No matter how much facility the insurance company provides, the company with the best customer support is considered to be more efficient than others. The ability to resolve issues promptly gives the company the upper hand.
- Reviews Policyholders must check for reviews about the particular health insurance they wish to buy. Even consider the reviews about the insurance provider’s services, such as the claim settlement process and more.
Aspects Covered by Comprehensive Health Care
Comprehensive health care is essential for every individual as it provides you and your family with extensive coverage across health care.
- PED or pre-existing diseases are covered under comprehensive health care after a waiting period. The duration of the waiting period is different for different insurers. Pre-existing diseases like High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, and more
- Pre and Post Hospitalization coverage is provided under a comprehensive health plan when you are hospitalized that includes expenses like diagnostics and tests, doctor visits, medication, and more.
- Maternity and newborn care is another aspect that a well-rounded comprehensive health care plan covers. It includes cover for a c-section or normal delivery for the mother, vaccines, immunizations for the newborn baby, and other facilities.
- On-road ambulance charges are covered under comprehensive health care plans which are highly beneficial in the case of any emergencies and are crucial to save someone’s life.
- Daycare procedures are medical procedures that do not require a patient to be hospitalized for 24 hours and can be discharged within a few hours. Such procedures are covered under a comprehensive health care plan.
- AYUSH treatments are procedures rooted in Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and homeopathy procedures. A comprehensive health care plan covers AYUSH treatment which is a big boon for people who may have not found any relief through allopathy and
want to explore possible treatments in these areas.
- Critical illnesses like cardiovascular illnesses, Cancer, Paralysis, kidney failure, and more such life-threatening diseases are covered according to the sub-limits varying from insurer to insurer under comprehensive health insurance.
- Riders and additional covers are provided under a comprehensive health care plan which is added to an existing plan by the insurance holder as per their requirements.
- Organ donor expenses are covered under the comprehensive health care plan. It is the expense incurred for the procedure of organ transplant if needed by an insured life.
- Wellness programs are a common aspect of many comprehensive healthcare plans which makes insurance holders live a more conscious lifestyle keeping their health needs in the center.
How to Select Comprehensive Health Care
There are certain factors that an individual must keep in mind before investing in comprehensive health care:
- Users must always compare the available plan options before investing in a particular comprehensive healthcare plan
- The coverage features of a comprehensive health care plan must fulfill your needs and requirements. It must suit your possible future needs and requirements with adequate coverage. For example, if an individual has a family history of
cardiovascular diseases they must select comprehensive health care which covers critical illnesses related to the heart.
- Provide the health insurance company with all essential information that is asked and do not hide any information. It may lead to issues with the claim settlement process later or worse, the insurance holder may reject your application
for comprehensive health care.
- Select the add-on cover/riders according to your requirements.
- Take a look at the health insurance provider’s essential data such as claims settled by the insurer in the past financial year, promptness of customer service, customer reviews, etc.
How to Purchase Comprehensive Health Care from PolicyX
PolicyX is a one-stop platform for comparing your preferred health insurance plans and gaining insight on which comprehensive health care would be best for you and your family
Buying from PolicyX.com
- Fill the details in the 'Calculate Premium' form.
- The next page will show all the available plans.
- Choose the desired health plan and click on 'Buy Now'.
- Pay the premium and your policy document will be shared with you on your registered email ID.
Why Buy from PolicyX.com?
With so many buying options available in the market, one must think about why he/she needs to choose PolicyX.com. Well, we are here to answer.
- IRDAI Approved The Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI) is a regulatory body created to protect the policyholder's interest. PolicyX.com follows all the guidelines
and protocols approved by the IRDAI.
- Free Comparison Service With PolicyX.com, you can easily compare the best Health Plans in India without paying any extra amount.
- Compare 15 Companies in 30 Seconds With us, you can compare up to 15 companies in just a few seconds.
- Buy Insurance Within 5 Minutes With PolicyX.com, you can buy your policy online without any hassles. We offer an easy 4-step online buying process that allows you to buy your policy
without any trouble.
- 24*7 Customer Service The experts of PolicyX.com are always available to resolve any of your insurance-related queries
- Free Future Claim Assistance Our team will assist you at every step of your claim process. Be it claim intimation, documentation, or any other process, we are always there to help.
Investing in comprehensive health care must be a priority as it provides an individual with all-around protection. Medical bills and doctor visits are expensive and sometimes drain your life savings which you planned to fulfill other dreams,
which is why it is essential to invest in a comprehensive healthcare plan that provides cover for all major expenses related to healthcare.
There are various comprehensive health care plans available today that are loaded with multiple features, however, an individual must keep in mind essential factors when selecting a health care plan to avoid overspending.