United India Health Insurance Policy
United India Insurance Company offers a wide range of insurance products ranging from motor insurance, personal accident insurance, household insurance, health insurance, and many more. The company offers customized and affordable health insurance solutions, catering to every segment, age, and income profile.
The health plans offered by the company range from Individual plans, family floater plans, senior citizen plans, critical illness plans, top-up plans, to group health insurance plans. Along with the availability of several health plans, the company also offers online renewal facilities.
Learn more about United India Insurance Renewal Process:
Benefits of Renewal of United India Insurance Policy
Renewing your policy comes with several benefits such as:
- No Interruption in Medical coverage: Renewing your health policy on time ensures that you and your family can avail medical coverage against unannounced hospitalization.
- No Waiting Periods: Every policy has a predetermined waiting period which you need to serve before availing healthcare benefits. Likewise, United India has a waiting period of 24-26 months for specific illnesses like cataract, thyroid-related diseases, ENT, etc.
Timely prioritizing United India Insurance Renewal will ensure that post successful completion of the specific time frame, you will be eligible to enjoy coverage against specific diseases/ illnesses.
- The choice to Customize: As life goes on, one may experience many changes such as getting married, being a parent etc. Renewing your policy helps you to customize your plan as per your changing needs.
- No Claim Bonus Reward: You get a No Claim Bonus for every claim-free year under United India Health Insurance Policy. If you do not renew your policy on time then you may lose this accumulated benefit.
What is the Grace Period? Do I need to pay any fine other than the renewal premium?
The grace period is the period during which, if a policyholder fails to pay their Health Insurance premium on time, they have the opportunity to pay the pending payments during the grace period of 30 days in order to keep their benefits uninterrupted. If a premium is not paid within this time frame, the insurance will lapse, and the recipient would forfeit all benefits.
Paying your premium during a grace period saves you from paying a fine.
United India Insurance Online Renewal
Both online and offline methods can be used to renew a United India Insurance Health Policy. We'll go over the process for renewing your United India Health Insurance coverage online in the sections below:
- Go to United India Insurance's official website. On the top menu, select the "Products" option.
- Select the 'Health Insurance Policy' tab from the drop-down menu, then click the 'Renew' option.
- Click the 'Proceed' button after entering your insurance number.
- Review your policy details and make any necessary changes to meet your needs and standards.
- Once you've completed the steps above, pay for the renewal using one of the accessible payment channels.
- Your renewal policy information will be forwarded to your registered email address after your payment has been validated.
In case you face any issues in renewing your UIIC Health Insurance policy, you can contact the nearest branch or can get in touch with the insurer at 1800-425-333-33.
Factors to Keep in Mind Before Renewing your United India Health Insurance Policy
Below-mentioned is some of the tips that will help you to make a better choice at the time of renewal:
- Always keep in mind the due date of policy renewal, as not paying your premium may lead you to lose access to any accumulated benefits. Not renewing your policy will lead to its lapsation making you and your family vulnerable to bear all the hospitalization coverage during an announced hospitalization.
- Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961 allows for tax deductions on premiums paid for health insurance coverage.
- Go through the policy documents carefully and check for the applicable TnC’s such as waiting period clause, renewal clause, inclusions & exclusions, claim guidelines, etc.
- To ensure a smooth claim settlement procedure in the future, one must be honest with the medical information provided not only when purchasing the insurance, but also while renewing it.
- At the time of policy renewal, policyholders have the option of increasing the current sum covered amount. After undergoing medical exams and a review of claim history, one can choose a higher sum insured. If you feel that you may require hospitalization during a policy tenure you can easily customize your plan.