SBI Car Insurance
SBI General was founded in 2010 and it is a renowned general insurance company with several years of experience. It is a joint venture between State Bank of India and Insurance Australia Group (IAG). The company has its branches all over the country. The company caters to the different needs of its customers with innovative products at affordable prices. SBI General offers 5 effective car insurance policies that offer coverage to private and commercial vehicles.
Incurred claim ratio
Up to 7.5 lakhs cover
How To Renew SBI Car Insurance?
You can renew your SBI Car insurance in two simple ways- via PolicyX.com or through the official website of the company. Let's explore both ways in detail.
Renew With PolicyX.com
- Visit the 'Compare Car Insurance Quotes Online' at the top-right corner of this page.
- You can proceed ahead via two ways- by providing the details of your car and click on the 'Get Quotes' option or click on the 'Proceed Without Car Number' and enter the required information.
- Select the SBI General car insurance plan.
- Make the required premium payment using available payment modes.
- Once the transaction is done, you will get a soft copy of the policy on your registered email ID.
Renew With SBI General Insurance Company
- Visit the website of the SBI General Insurance Company.
- Click on the tab 'Motor' out of 5 available options.
- Select the 'Renew' tab and submit the required details.
- Click on the tab 'Get Quote'.
- Fill out details such as phone number, e-mail address, etc.
- Click on the tab 'Get Quote'.
- Analyze the plan and premium details.
- Make the required payment.
- After a successful payment, you will get the soft copy on your registered id.
Key Features of SBI Car Insurance
The company carries great features that make it one of the best platforms for the car insurance purchase. Let's explore them in detail.
The company is great when it comes to offering transparent services without any hidden costs. It offers easy and hassle-free services to meet your convenience.
Thousands of cashless garages can provide the required service in the hour of need without requiring you to pay a single penny.
SBI General proudly retains the iAAA rating for its "highest claim paying ability".
SBI Car Insurance Premium Calculation
To keep your car insurance active, you have to pay regular premiums. To know the cost of premiums beforehand, you can use the car insurance premium calculator. A few of the premium samples are mentioned below for your perusal.
Honda City-1.3DX (1343cc)
Hyundai Creta-1.4L CRDI 6-speed manual base diesel
Available in the plan
Maruti Vitara Brezza - 1.4L CRDI 6-speed manual base diesel
Available in the plan
TATA Hexa-XE 4x2 STR (2179)
*The values are calculated on the basis of the city (Delhi) and year of registration (2020).
SBI Car insurance Add on covers
SBI General Insurance company allows you to enhance the basic cover with the help of add-on covers (options covers). Below is the list of the same for your convenience.
- Additional Legal Liabilities: This add-on cover will cover additional legal liabilities at an additional premium.
- Bi-fuel Kit: With this, you can get your CNG-LPG bi-fuel kit covered on paying an additional but nominal premium.
- Depreciation Reimbursement: The company will indemnify (while making a claim) the policyholder without any deduction of depreciation on the value of the repaired/replaced parts.
- Cover For Key Replacement: The company will reimburse the cost of replacing your vehicle keys (only once in the policy tenure).
- Inconvenience Allowance: The company will pay a daily cash benefit (for a maximum tenure of 10 days) to the insured if his/her vehicle is in the garage for more than 3 days.
- Loss of Personal Belongings: The company will reimburse the loss or damage to personal belongings that are stolen from a locked vehicle.
- Hospital Cash Cover (Insured/Unnamed passenger/Paid driver): With this add-on, the insured will get the hospital confinement allowance (up to the chosen sum insured) for accidents or injuries sustained while driving a vehicle.
- Enhanced Personal Accident Cover (Insured/Unnamed passenger/Paid driver): This add-on cover will pay an amount towards the disablement or death of insured person/s travelling in the vehicle.
- Roadside Assistance (Basic & Additional): Under this add-on cover, the company will arrange roadside assistance in specific situations (if your vehicle is immobile).
- Return To Invoice: This add-on cover will help you in fetching the purchase value (ex-showroom with taxes and registration charges) of the car in case of theft or total loss.
- Engine Guard: This add-on cover will provide coverage against consequential damage to parts of gearbox and engine caused due to accidental water ingression/leakage of lubricating oil.
- Protection of NCB: Normally due to the claim, the No Claim Bonus is impacted. However, with this add-on cover, the existing NCB of the expiring policy can be retained.
- Cover For Consumables: On payment of an additional premium for this add-on cover, you will get coverage against damaged consumable items. Consumables include (but are not limited) to nut and bolt, screw, washers, grease, lubricants clips, gearbox oil, AC gas, bearings, distilled water, engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter and brake oil.
- EMI Protector: This add-on cover will pay for the Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) to the Financial Institution for a limited period (till the insured vehicle is in the garage for repairs), provided the insured vehicle is damaged.
- Tyre & Rim Guard: It offers coverage against repair and/ or replacement of tyres/tubes/rims arising out of accidental loss or damage.
- Personal Accident Cover To The Owner: It provides coverage to the owner's family if (s)he is a victim of permanent disabilities or dies due to an accident where the insured vehicle is involved.
- Personal Accident Cover To Passengers: It offers monetary pay-outs towards injuries sustained to the passenger(s) in an accident (while travelling in a vehicle).
A person invests in car insurance to get the required financial support in the hour of need and SBI General Insurance company understands this very well. It comes out with a simple and easy claim process. You just have to follow the below-mentioned steps to file a claim.
- Visit the official website of the SBI General Insurance Company.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on the tab 'Intimate Claim'.
- Select the tab 'Claim Intimation'.
- Submit the basic details like name, mobile number, email address.
- Select 'City' and 'Product'.
- If you have the car insurance policy number with you, please submit the same or else continue to write remarks.
- Click on the tab 'Submit'
- The surveyor will ask for the required documents.
- The company will access the claim and will give you an update (regarding approval/rejection of the claim) over call/email.
Note:- You can call on toll-free number 1800 22 1111 or SMS "CLAIM" to 561612 to register your claim offline.
- Duly signed claim form
- RC of the vehicle with original keys
- Copy of driving license
- Policy documents (original)
- FIR (in case of theft)
- PAN card, driving license, and registration certificates
SBI General Insurance Company Ltd.
Contact Details: 1800221111
Email Address: customer[dot]care[at]sbigeneral[dot]in
Address: "Natraj", 301, Junction of Western Express Highway & Andheri Kurla - Road, Andheri (East) Mumbai - 400 069
PolicyX.com Insurance Web Aggregator
Contact Number: 1800-4200-269/1800-4203-180
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Address: PolicyX.Com Insurance Web Aggregator Private Limited
1st Floor, Landmark Tower, Plot no-2, Southcity-1, Opposite C-113, Ashok Marg, Sector-41, Gurugram - Haryana - 122001 India.