TATA AIG Critical illness Plan
The Critical illness plan offered by Tata AIG Health Insurance covers all the listed major critical illnesses and medical treatments. This plan offers a lump sum amount on the diagnosis of certain critical illnesses. The compensation in the form of money gives additional security to the policyholder for the treatment of the disease and helps them overcome any financial stress/burden. It can be bought along with a general health policy for availing a wide coverage in hard/critical times. The plan is available without having any medical examination test and also provides the facility of a second opinion, if the policyholder is suffering from a covered illness.
| Minimum Entry Age|| 18 years|
| Maximum Entry Age|| 65 years|
| Policy Tenure|| 1 year|
**Last Updated on August, 2021
Key Features and Benefits of TATA AIG Critical illness Plan
The prominent key features of Tata AIG Critical Illness are,
- Lifetime renewability on the premiums paid without any break can save your pocket from additional financial stress.
- The plan is available for individuals of up to 65 years
- Under this health insurance plan, 11 critical illnesses are covered.
- In order to avail of this policy, no medical test or examination is required.
- It offers a wide coverage option ranging from Rs.2.5 Lakhs to Rs. 15 lakhs.
- This plan provides you with an option of a second opinion to confirm the diagnosis of critical illness available. You can also visit another doctor/hospital for a second opinion.
- In case if you want to port your policy from one insurer to the other, the credit gained for the pre-existing conditions and time-bound exclusions along with accrued benefits coming under the individual health insurance policy (including the family cover) are also transferred.
- Get the benefit on income tax on the premiums paid under section 80(D) of the Income Tax Act.
- This plan offers a free look period of 15 days from the date of the receipt of the policy document to review the terms & conditions of this policy. When you are dissatisfied with the policy documents, terms, and conditions, you have the option of cancelling the policy. After applying for the cancellation, the amounts shall be refunded to the policyholder.
- The covered critical ailments are: Heart attack
- Open Chest CABG
- Kidney failure
- Organ transplant
- Bone marrow transplant
- Major Burns
- Multiple Sclerosis
Note - The diseases mentioned above are limited to a certain set of conditions. For more information, refer to Policy Wording on the Tata AIG website.
Details of the plan
| Minimum Sum Assured|| 2.5 lakhs|
| Maximum Sum Assured|| 15 lakhs|
| Type of Coverage|| Individual|
| No claim bonus|| NA|
| Grace Period|| 30 days for policy renewing|
| Policy Termination|| 3 months before the policy expiry date|
**Last Updated on August, 2021
Exclusions of TATA AIG Critical illness plan
The major inclusions of the TATA AIG Critical illness plan are,
- Mental illness/disorder treatment
- In case of claims processing under this plan, a waiting period of 90 days after the commencement of the policy is applicable.
- Any pre-existing illness or any complication associated with it.
- Self-inflicted injuries
- Any critical illness resulting from a physical or mental existed before the issuing of the policy date.
- Any disease or illness other than the specified critical illnesses on the policy documents
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- HIV AIDS infections/ Venereal diseases
- Expenses related to Maternity, childbirth, and pregnancy
- Congenital abnormalities or disorders
- Mental disorders or illnesses
- Cosmetic surgeries and Robotic surgeries
- Accidental injuries due to war, nuclear invasions
How to Contact Tata AIG Health Insurance?
Tata AIG Health Insurance Customer Care Number - 1800 266 7780
Address - Peninsula Business Park, Tower A, 15th Floor, G.K.Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400 013, Maharashtra, India.
How to Buy TATA AIG MediCare Plus Plans?
TATA AIG Health Insurance has the option to directly buy the policy through the company's website, or purchase via PolicyX.com. Let's look at both the procedures in detail-
Through the Company's website
- Visit the official website of TATA AIG Insurance company and choose 'Health' by clicking on 'All Products'.
- Select the category for whom you want to buy the plan and click 'Get Plan'.
- Fill in the required details like your contact number, dob, and click on the 'See Plan'.
- Check the plans as per your needs, tap the 'Buy' button, and make the payment.
- Your policy document will be mailed to you at your registered email address.
- Go to the top of this page and fill in the details in the 'Calculate TATA AIG Health Insurance Premium' form.
- Out of all the quotes, choose the desired TATA AIG health plan and click on 'Buy Now'.
- Pay the premium and your policy documents will be shared with you on your registered email.
Documents required to buy this policy
- KYC documents
- 1 passport size photograph
- Medical records
- Family medical history and all the current medical records
- Application form
Find Out What Customers Are Saying
(Showing latest 5 reviews only)
October 12, 2021
October 7, 2021
October 6, 2021
August 31, 2021
August 12, 2021
Last updated on August, 2021