With the unimaginably high rates of inflation today, as well as the ever-increasing demands of the kids, the money’s pouring out of our hands faster than it has a chance to come in. And while one can always root for the occasional random lottery-winning plan, let’s face it. That kind of ultra-awesome thing just does not happen to someone like you or me. So while you’re opening all those powdered detergent packets, hoping to strike gold with the right packet, you do have to think about saving your money from falling out of the omnipresent holes in your pockets! In times of such high financial mobility, the last thing one needs is to have to pay off a humongous hospital or medical bill. As if the fact that a loved one has suffered a major injury or illness isn’t bad enough?
Overview – The Policy
National Insurance Company is here to take care of you, financially, when it comes to paying off that really daunting medical bill after you or your loved one has suffered a critical injury or illness.
The National Mediclaim Plus Policy comes as a blessing in disguise to those who wish to be covered not just for the typical traditional health benefits but also for extremely critical and high healthcare expenses that many of its contemporaries manages to ignore. By including a wide range of medical and healthcare expenses, it has made healthcare services accessible to a large population who, on their own resources, may not have been able to avail the use of this basic human necessity.
Unsure of why to pick this particular policy over all of those others being marketed to you weekly, probably even daily? Well, here’s why:
Eligibility - The scope of this policy is large, not just in terms of the number of people it covers, but also in the context of the wide age bracket of those people. Along with yourself, your spouse, your dependent children as well as your parents are eligible to be insured under this policy. The children can be insured if they are between the ages of 3 months and 18 years, whereas the adults can be ensured from 18 years to 65 years of age.
A Friend for Life - This policy is renewable for a lifelong period and so, it is a friend and support to you for your entire life.
Take your Pick - The policy offers three varying plans out of which you can pick the one that suits you best. Plan A offers insurance cover of INR 2 lakhs to INR 10 lakhs (in multiples of 1 lakh), Plan B offers insurance cover of INR 15 lakhs, INR 20 lakhs and INR 25 lakhs and Plan C offers insurance cover of INR 30 lakhs, INR 40 lakhs and INR 50 lakhs.
The Holistic Approach - Not only does this policy provide claims for the medical expenses incurred by the insured during their hospitalisation, but also includes claims for pre-hospitalisation expenses, post-hospitalisation expenses and day-care treatment.
Wide Coverage - This policy is unique in its amazingly wide coverage ranging from maternity benefits to second opinion arrangements. It also has a few optional covers available to the insured.
With all of these amazing features as well as various choices to pick from, National Mediclaim Plus Policy is definitely the policy for you.
Make the informed choice, the right choice.
The coverage of this policy is extremely wide-ranging as it includes all of the following:
* Allopathic and Homeopathic Treatments
* Pre-existing diseases of the insured, although after a waiting period of three years
* Not just hospitalisation expenses but pre-hospitalisation expenses (for a period of a month prior to hospitalisation) as well as post-hospitalisation expenses (for a period of 2 months post hospitalisation) also, along with day care treatment; also covers hospitalisation expenses of any organ donor involved
* In-patient treatment covering all hospitalisation expenses including charges for the room and ICU, fees for the medical practitioners, expenses related to anaesthesia, Operation Theatres, Surgical tools and appliances, blood or oxygen, diagnosis, medicines as well as any equipment internally implanted during surgery.
* All hospitalisation and related expenses for the first two pregnancies during the life of the insured.
expenses of vaccination, ambulance and air ambulance, daily cash allowance of the hospital, round trip of a family member of the hospitalised patient, nursing care post discharge and doctor visits to the house
* A Medical Second Opinion arranged by the insurance policy for any serious illness being diagnosed
* Various optional covers related to critical illness, cumulative bonus, health check-ups and other incentives
In spite of the wide coverage, the policy does have certain restrictions and excludes the following expenses:
* HIV, AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases
* Genetic diseases and disorders, as well as obesity
* Substance abuse or alcohol addiction
Any voluntary procedure such as a gender change operation, cosmetic procedure, plastic surgery, etc. or any experimental procedure which is not an emergency - Spectacles, hearing aids, lenses, etc.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation
Disclaimer: The information displayed on this website is of the insurers with whom our company has an agreement. The prospect's particulars could be shared with insurers.