About Creta Car Insurance
Also known as Hyundai ix25, Hyundai Creta has been produced by the South Korean Manufacturer Hyundai Motor Company since 2014. Hyundai Motor India Limited, however, introduced Hyundai Creta to the Indian market in the year 2015. Since then, this B-Segment car has seen two generations, where the second generation was revealed in the 2019 Shanghai Auto Show and the production was done in the year 2020. It was specifically designed for the Indian market but was subsequently launched in China and Russia. It now goes up against the likes of Kia Seltos, Renault Duster and MG Hector.
Key Features of Hyundai Creta
- With three new engine options, the second generation Creta comes with a 1.5-litre petrol engine, a 1.5-litre VGT Diesel and a 1.4-litre Turbo GDI Petrol. Where petrol and diesel engines (which are naturally aspirated) pump out 113bhp of power, the turbo petrol engine produces 138bhp of power.
- The SUV comes with transmission options of 6-speed manual (which is a standard across the range), an optional converter of torque for the 1.5 diesel engine, 7-speed DCT on the turbo petrol engine, and a 6-speed automatic transmission for the 1.5-litre petrol engine.
- Speaking of its performance, Creta offers a mileage of 21.40 km/l with a fuel tank capacity of 50 litres. Where the petrol engines allow the car to reach from 0 to 100 in 11.68 seconds, the diesel engines take about 10.84 seconds to do the same.
- The interior of the SUV has also received a total revamp. The dashboard of the new Creta has a new unit altogether. It also contains a new 10.24 inches wide touchscreen infotainment unit, whose visibility is sharp and contains multiple options to choose from. Hyundai's BlueLink connectivity technology is a part of it as well. Under the infotainment system, there are controls for Climate Control, a few USB ports and a wireless charging tray.
- Some other sought after features of the Hyundai Creta are Hill Assist Control, Airbags, Electronic Stability Control, ARKAMYS sound system, foldable key, Rear Defogger with Timer, Alloy Wheels, Impact sensing auto door unlock, and sunroof.
Premium for Creta Car Insurance
The premium of Hyundai Creta may vary among different insurance providers. The price takes your car's age, the Insured Declared Value (IDV), the terrain on which your car will be used, the make and model, the cubic capacity of the engine, and its current condition into consideration.
The below table provides an overview of Creta's ex-showroom price, premium cost, IDV, and zero depreciation for some of its car variants.
|Car Variant||Price of the Car||IDV*||Zero depreciation (Add on)*||Premium (Basic)*|
|Creta 1.6 SX (O) (1582 cc)||Rs.17,20,000||Rs.12,24,141||Rs.9,703||Rs.40,674|
|Creta 1.6 SX Diesel MT (1582 cc)||Rs.14,51,000||Rs.10,43,974||Rs.8,334||Rs.38,265|
|Creta 1.6 SX Plus AT Petrol (1591 cc)||Rs.14,94,000||Rs.11,57,957||Rs.9,201||Rs.39,790|
*The values are calculated on the basis of the city (Delhi) and year of registration (2020).
Creta Car Insurance Inclusions and Exclusions
- Personal accident cover, which may include passengers
- Own-damage cover
- Damage or total loss caused due to fire, explosion or an act of terror
- Loss due to theft or malicious act
- Loss or damage caused during natural calamities
- Any damage caused to third-party and their property
- Cashless repairs at network garages
- Electrical/mechanical breakdowns
- Normal wear and tears
- Damage to the tyres
- Damage caused when driving without a valid driver's license
- Driving under the influence of intoxicants such as alcohol or drugs
- Damage caused when the vehicle was used for any illegal purpose such as racing
- Driving outside the geographical constraints
- Damage or loss caused due to nuclear war
In order to cover what has been excluded from the basic premium, one can opt for various add-ons with additional charges.
- Zero Depreciation Cover, which is also known as Nil Depreciation Policy. It allows a full claim for glass, fibre, plastic and rubber parts.
- Engine Protection is a boon for car owners who live in areas that are prone to heavy rainfall. It protects the expenses of your car's engine repair caused due to submersion in water.
- Passenger Cover protects the travellers apart from the driver in case of death or disability caused due to an accident.
- No Claim Bonus Protection is an instrument to protect your discount, which a driver can earn for every claim-free year, even if you make some small amount of claims. It starts with a 20% discount on premium and may go up to 50% discount by the end of 5 claim-free years.
Creta Car Insurance Renewal Process
You can renew your Creta car insurance policy online via PolicyX.com using a hassle-free process. All you need to do is scroll up and find the form on the right-hand top corner. The subsequent steps from the form are easy to follow:
- Enter all your details such as your car's make, variant, RTO code and its registration year.
- Select the “Renewal” radio button and click “Continue”.
- You can either proceed with your current plan or choose another suitable plan from the comprehensive list of quotes.
- Make the payment online on the chosen insurance company's portal.
- Receive your car insurance policy instantly on your email inbox.