About i20 Car Insurance
A hatchback produced by Hyundai Motor India Limited, i20 was launched in the year 2008 after it made its debut at the Paris Motor Show. It is a front-wheel drive car available in the market as three and five-door versions. Overall, it has undergone three generations of transformation, where the second generation was launched in August 2014 and was awarded as 2015 ĎCar of the Yearí ICOTY in India. It also received a facelift, which was launched at the Auto Expo 2018. The third generation of i20 was set to debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2020 but was cancelled.
Key Features of Hyundai i20
- The i20 comes in two engine variants: 1.2-litre Kappa VTVT Petrol that comes with four cylinders and four values for each and 1.4 U2 CDRi Diesel engine that comes with four cylinders as well. Where the former produces the maximum power of 82bhp, the latter provides 89bhp.
- The hatchback comes with a five-speed manual transmission for the petrol engine variants and a six-speed manual transmission for the diesel engine variants.
- As for its performance, the i20 gives a decent throughput as the engine is more responsive at low speed. The car can move from 0 to 100kmph within around 16 seconds. Furthermore, in terms of mileage, the petrol variants return a fuel economy of 18.6 km/l and the diesel variants successfully deliver a mileage of 22.5 km/l.
- Along with the facelift, Hyundai also updated the carís interiors in the year 2017, receiving a bit more colourful interior. In fact, even the dashboard has been updated to orange tinge on the AC vents. Along with the colour, the touchscreen infotainment system has also received several improvements and upgradesóone key feature being inbuilt navigation. Today, the 7-inch infotainment system also has Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and a Mirror link setup.
- A few other key features of i20 are Rear Parking sensor, keyless entry with smart key, rear defogger with time, dual horn, immobilizer, alloy wheels, and telescopic steering.
Premium for i20 Car Insurance
Hyundai i20ís insurance premium may differ between various insurance providers. The premium rate includes your carís age, the Insured Declared Value (IDV), the terrain on which you will drive the car, the make and model, the displacement provided by your carís engine, and its current condition.
Take a look at the below table to get an overview of i20ís ex-showroom price, cost of the premium, Insured Declared Value, and Zero Depreciation add-on for some of its car variants.
|Car Variant||Price of the Car||IDV*||Zero depreciation (Add on)*||Premium (Basic)*|
|i20 (2018) Asta 1.4 (1396 cc)||Rs.9,31,803||Rs.6,31,400||Rs.4,128||Rs.26,713|
|i20 (2018) Sportz 1.4 (1396 cc)||Rs.8,66,903||Rs.5,92,539||Rs.3,874||Rs.25,682|
|i20 (2018) ELITE Asta CVT (1197 cc)||Rs.9,11,793||Rs.5,48,49||Rs.2,768||Rs.21,403|
*The values are calculated on the basis of the city (Delhi) and year of registration (2020).
Hyundai i20 Car Insurance Inclusions and Exclusions
- Cover against damage caused to you, your driver and other passengers
- Own-damage cover
- Loss or damage that is caused due to fire, explosion or an act of terror
- Total loss due to theft or malicious act
- Damage or loss caused due to natural calamities such as flood, earthquake, etc.
- Damage or loss caused to the third-party and their property
- Hassle-free cashless repairs at network garages
- Electrical/mechanical breakdowns to your car
- Normal wear and tears caused over time
- Damage caused to the tyres
- Damage caused when your car was driven without a valid driverís license
- Damage or loss when driving under the influence of intoxicants such as alcohol or drugs
- Damage caused when the vehicle was used for malicious acts such as racing
- Driving outside the geographical limits
- Damage or loss due to nuclear war
Even though certain scenarios are excluded from your insurance premium, you can have them covered by opting for various add-ons at an additional cost.
- Windshield Glass Cover ensures that your windshield repairs can be claimed upon damage. Furthermore, it protects your No Claim Bonus from getting affected, and it won't be considered as an Own Damage claim.
- Voluntary Deductible Cover allows you to pay a stipulated part of your claim, making the insurance company pay only for damages in excess of this limit. Opting this add-on will fetch you a discount on your Own Damage premium.
- Full Invoice Price Insurance Cover insures 100% of your car's listed price. Hence, in case of total loss or theft, the full invoice price will be taken into consideration when assessing the loss incurred.
- Loss of Baggage Cover makes sure that any loss or damage to your baggage placed in your car is covered. This benefit does not affect your No Claim Bonus if you claim for the damage to your baggage without any Own Damage claim.
How To Renew Hyundai i20 Car Insurance?
You can use PolicyX.com hassle-free process to renew your Hyundai i20 car insurance policy. If you wish to do so, just scroll up on this page and find the form on the right-hand top corner. The next few steps from the form are quick and easy:
- Enter the required details such as your carís make, variant, RTO code and its registration year.
- Select the "Renewal" option and click "Continue".
- You can either choose to proceed with your current plan or opt for another suitable plan from the comprehensive list of quotes.
- Proceed to make the payment online on your chosen insurance providerís portal.
- Your car insurance policy will instantly reach your email inbox.