About Bharti AXA Health Insurance
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between the global insurance firm leader in financial protection - AXA and Bharti Enterprises, a well renowned India-based venture.
To look after the needs of every individual, the company offers a wide range of insurance plans for motors and two-wheelers, health and critical illness, property and students, individual and family, travel, and crops.
Moreover, the company allows all individuals to look after their healthcare needs by offering several effective healthcare solutions at affordable prices. The cashless facility, multiple sums insured options, and easy claim settlement process make the company an ideal choice for your next health insurance purchase.
With its dedication and determination to offer the best to its customers, the company has achieved 29 awards in the last 8 years.
List of Few Awards Won in 2020
- Technology Initiative of the Year' at India Insurance Summit and Awards, 2020.
- Best Use of Technology' by ASSOCHAM, 2020.
- Claims Service of the Year - Large (Private Sector)' at ET NOW World BFSI Congress and Awards, 2020.
- Customer Service Excellence Award at ABP News BFSI Awards, 2020
Key Features of Bharti AXA Health Insurance
The first and foremost step while buying health insurance is to choose an ideal health insurance company. Unfortunately, most people are not bothered about the company and only focus on the plan, which often leads to unwanted stress and confusion at the time of a medical emergency.
Now the question arises how to determine an ideal health insurance company? Well, this is quite a tricky question, because every individual has different needs and requirements and their preferences may vary.
However, few parameters such as the number of available network hospitals, claim support, solvency ratio, etc. help an individual choose the best company for themselves.
Let's look where Bharti AXA stands on these parameters:
Network Hospitals are one of the important factors that one should keep in mind before selecting a health insurance company. By availing of treatment in any network hospital, one can avail a cashless treatment which means the policyholders can get the treatment done without spending a single penny from their pocket.
Have a look at the below graph to check out the available network hospitals of the top 15 health insurance companies.
Network Hospitals Of 15 Health Insurance Companies
You can also check the list of network hospitals of Bharti AXA with PolicyX.com. All you have to do is select your insurance company, your state, and your city. Once done, the page will show you all the empanelled hospitals in your vicinity.
Are you thinking about what will happen if you cannot get access to any network hospitals at the time of a medical emergency? Worry not, Bharti AXA will reimburse the amount spent by you on your treatment in such a situation.
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Company has witnessed significant growth in its Annual Premium from the last few years. In the financial year of 2019-2020, the company's annual premium was 266.94 crores, which shows the good business volume growth of the company.
Take a look at the below graph to get an insight into how the company has grown in the last 3-4 years.
Annual Premium of Bharti AXA from 2016-2020
** Data from IRDAI Annual Reports
The company's Solvency Ratio helps potential buyers assess the company's ability to pay off its long-term liabilities. As per the IRDAI, it is now mandatory for every insurer to maintain a solvency ratio of 1.5. Any company with this or above ratio is considered healthy as per IRDAI.
According to the IRDAI Annual Reports 2019-2020, Bharti AXA Health Insurance company has a Solvency Ratio of 1.6. Let's take a look at how the company has maintained its solvency ratio in the past few years.
Solvency Ratio Of Bharti AXA Health Insurance from 2016-2020
** Data from IRDAI Annual Reports
With the above graph, it is quite clear that the company has very well maintained its solvency
ratio, and currently has enough resources to pay off the claims to the customers.
Having health insurance would be of no use if you cannot get your claims settled at the time of need. Therefore, an individual needs to check how good a company is with its claims.
One can check the claim settling agenda also known as 'Claim Support' from the IRDAI Annual reports. The higher the percentage, the better the company's ability to settle claims.
As far as Bharti AXA is concerned, the claim support of the company is above 90% from 2016, which shows the company values the importance of claim settlement at the time of need and cares for its customers.
Claim Support of Bharti AXA Health Insurance from 2016-2020
** Data from IRDAI Annual Reports
PAN India Presence
The company has PAN India presence with 152 branches to ensure a hassle-free customer support experience. All a customer has to do is find the nearest branch and walk in there for any insurance-related query and get it resolved.
Types of Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans?
| Bharti AXA Health Plans|| Type Of Plan|| Why Should I Buy?|
| Bharti AXA Health AdvantEdge Insurance|| Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan|| Comprehensive health insurance plans that offer coverage to individuals as well as their families. The plans come with a wide range of benefits and cater to your healthcare needs.|
| Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance|
| Bharti AXA Smart Health Assure Policy|
| Bharti AXA Smart Super Top-Up Insurance|| Super Top-Up Plan|| A top-up plan that will come into action when your existing health plan is exhausted.|
| Bharti AXA Arogya Sanjeevani Insurance|| Standard Health Insurance Policy|| A standard health insurance plan at affordable rates.|
Bharti AXA Health AdvantEdge Insurance
Bharti AXA Health AdvantEdge is a new-age health insurance plan specially designed to cover your medical expenses and give you the freedom to avail of quality healthcare without worrying about expenses. The plan comes in three variants to offer you and your family the utmost freedom to customize your plan as per your needs. The variants available are:
Sample Illustration of Premium Payable Under Bharti AXA Health AdvantEdge
Let's understand the premium payable under the BhartiAXA Health AdvantEdge by a couple under all three variants with different sum insured options. Have a look:
| Plan Variants|| Prime|| Royal|| Apex|
| Sum Insured Options (in Rs.)|| 2 Lakhs|| 3 Lakhs|| 4 Lakhs|| 5 Lakhs|| 10 Lakhs|| 25 Lakhs|| 50 Lakhs|| 75 Lakhs|| 1 Crore|| 2 Crore|| 3 Crore|
| Premium|| 3,940|| 4,771|| 5,254|| 6,103|| 8,006|| 11,379|| 14,103|| 16,034|| 17,581|| 31,745|| 37,372|
Graph Illustration of Premium Payable Under BhartiAXA Health AdvantEdge under all three variants
Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance
Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance Policy provides financial protection against all hospitalization expenses. The plan offers restoration of the sum insured (up to 100% of SI). This policy can be issued to an individual and/or family. The plan comes with 3 optional add-on benefits that are:
- Hospital Cash Allowance
- Maternity Benefit & New Born Baby Cover
- Lump-sum benefit for critical Illnesses (over and above S.I)
| Entry age|| 91 days - 65 years|
| Policy period|| 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years|
| Sum insured (in Rs.)|| 5 Lakhs to 1 Crore|
- Any type of daycare treatment charge (up to the sum insured) is also covered under this plan.
- A lump sum amount is payable to the policyholder (over and above the sum insured) in case of critical illness.
- The plan comes with an option of Lifelong Renewability.
- The plan offers coverage against the expenses incurred during Domestic air ambulance or Emergency Surface Ambulance.
Sample Illustration of the Premium Payable Under Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance
What is Covered Under Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance?
Go through the below table to explore the coverage you will get under this plan:
| Parameters|| Value|
| Room Rent (per day)|| Covered, up to the Sum Insured|
| Relations Covered|| Self, Spouse, and three dependent children up to the age of 23 years.|
| Daycare treatment|| Covered|
| Pre-hospitalisation Expenses|| Covered, up to 60 Days|
| Post- Hospitalization Expenses|| Covered, up to 90 Days|
| Restoration of SI|| Covered, Up to 100% of S.I|
| Organ donor expenses|| Covered|
| AYUSH Treatment|| Covered|
| Domiciliary Hospitalization|| Covered|
| Road ambulance charges - network hospitals (in Rs.)|| Domestic air ambulance up to Rs. 2,00,000|
| Emergency Surface Ambulance Charges up to Rs.3000/event|
| Convalescence Benefit (on continuous 10 days of hospitalization or more)|| Available up to Rs. 20,000|
| Out-patient Dental Emergency Treatment (Accidents only)|| Covered, up to Rs. 7,500|
| Out-patient Emergency Treatment (Accidents only)|| Covered, up to Rs. 10,000|
| Optional Covers|
| Hospital Cash Allowance|| Option of Rs. 500, Rs. 1000, Rs. 2000, Rs. 3000 / day*|
| Maternity Benefit & New Born Baby Cover|| Rs.1,00,000 - Maternity|
Rs.1,00,000 - Newborn
| Lump-sum benefit for critical Illnesses|| 20 Illnesses covered:|
Cancer of Specified Severity
First Heart Attack of Specified Severity
Coronary Artery Disease
Open Chest CABG
Open Heart Replacement or Repair of Heart Valves
Surgery to Aorta
Stroke resulting in Permanent Symptoms
Kidney Failure requiring Regular Dialysis
End-Stage Lung Disease
End-Stage Liver Failure
Coma of Specified Severity
Major organ /bone marrow transplant
Multiple Sclerosis with Persisting Symptoms
Motor Neurone Disease with Permanent Symptoms
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Bharti AXA Smart Health Assure Policy
Bharti AXA Smart Health Assure is a complete health insurance plan that offers coverage for hospitalisation expenses incurred during the treatment of a disease, illness, or injury. The plan comes out in three variants from which you can choose according to your requirements. Read below.
- Smart Health Basic
- Smart Health Premium
- Smart Health Optimum
| Entry age|| 91 days to 65 years|
| Sum insured|| Smart Health Basic: Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 5,00,000|
Smart Health Premium: Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs 5,00,000
Smart Health Optimum: Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs 5,00,000
- The plan offers Additional Benefits such as Hospital Cash Allowance, Home Nursing, Ambulance Charges, In-patient Physiotherapy Charges, Recovery Grant, Accompanying Person's Expenses, Parent Accommodation as Companion for Child, Out-patient Dental Emergency Treatment, Out-patient Emergency treatment for accidents, Children Education Fund, Mortal Remains.
- The plan reimburses the expense incurred during domiciliary hospitalisation involving medical treatment for a period exceeding three days for a disease, illness, or injury.
- Insured has the option to migrate from his/her existing health insurance policy at the time of renewal.
What is Covered Under Bharti AXA Smart Health Insurance?
Go through the below table to explore the coverage offered under this plan.
| Parameters|| Basic|| Premium|| Optimum|
| Sum Insured (in Rs.)|| 0.5 L|| 1 L|| 2 L|| 3L|| 5L|| 1 L|| 2 L|| 3L|| 4L|| 5L|| 1 L|| 2 L|| 3L|| 4L|| 5L|
| In-patient Treatment|| Covered up to the Sum Insured|| Covered up to the Sum Insured|| Covered up to the Sum Insured|
| Room Rent (per day)|| 1000|| 1000|| 2000|| 3000|| No Cap|| 1000|| 2000|| 3000|| No Cap|| No Cap|| 1000|| 2000|| 3000|| No Cap|| No Cap|
| Room Rent (per day) - ICU|| 2000|| 2500|| 3000|| 4500|| No Cap|| 2500|| 3000|| 4500|| No Cap|| No Cap|| 2500|| 3000|| 4500|| No Cap|| No Cap|
| Pre-hospitalisation Expenses|| Covered, up to 30 Days|| Covered, up to 45 Days|| Covered, up to 60 Days|
| Post- Hospitalization Expenses|| Covered, up to 60 Days|| Covered, up to 90 Days|| Covered, up to 90 Days|
| Day Care Treatment|| Covered up to the Sum Insured|| Covered up to the Sum Insured|| Covered up to the Sum Insured|
| AYUSH Treatment|| Covered with No limits|| Covered with No limits|| Covered with No limits|
| Organ donor expenses|| Not Covered|| 10% of SI over and above the Original SI|| Not Covered|| 15% of SI over and above the Original SI|| 20% of SI over and above the Original SI|| Not Covered|| Not Covered|| Not Covered|
| Domiciliary Hospitalization|| 10% of Sum Insured|| 10% of Sum Insured|| 10% of Sum Insured|
| Critical Illness Cover|| Not Covered|| Additional 100% SI on hospitalisation expenses|| Not Covered|| Additional 100% SI on hospitalisation expenses|| Additional 100% SI on hospitalisation expenses|| Additional Sum Insured of 100% of SI on Benefit|
| Inpatient Physiotherapy|| Not covered|| 1% of SI|| 2% of SI|
| Out-patient Dental Emergency Treatment:(Accidents only)|| Not covered|| Not covered|| 1% of SI|
Bharti AXA Smart Super Top-Up Insurance
Bharti AXA Smart Super Top-Up Insurance offers additional coverage to the policyholder to meet his/her medical expenses. In case the sum insured of the policyholder is exhausted due to the claims made, then this plan comes into effect and looks after the treatment costs.
- The plan covers the daycare treatment up to the sum insured.
- Expenses incurred during Domiciliary treatment are also covered under the plan.
- Other expenses such as Transplantation of organs, Restoration of the sum insured, Convalescence benefit, etc. are covered under the plan.
Bharti AXA Arogya Sanjeevani Insurance
Arogya Sanjeevani health insurance plan covers you and your family against basic health requirements.
- The plan offers coverage for pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses (up to 30 & 60 days) respectively.
- The policyholder is also eligible to get a cumulative bonus for every claim-free year.
- One is also eligible for tax benefits under the 80D of Income Tax Act, 1961.
What Is Not Covered Under Bharti AXA Health Insurance?
- Pre-existing diseases
- War and warlike occurrence or invasion, acts of foreign enemies
- Injuries occurred due to breach of Law
- Genetic disorders
- Internal Congenital Anomalies
To explore the complete list of Bharti AXA Health Plans, refer to the policy document.
How To Buy Bharti AXA Health Insurance?
In the age of online fraud, you need renowned and trusted platforms to buy insurance online. Bharti AXA Health Insurance offers a secure and trusted platform from where you can buy your policy online. Just follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website of Bharti AXA Health Insurance. Go to 'Our Products', click on the 'Buy Now' under 'Health Insurance'.
- Fill up all the required details and click on 'Get Quote'.
- Once done, the page will then show you the most-suited plan along with the premium amount.
- Choose the plan and make the online payment. Your policy document will be mailed to you at your registered email address.
How To Renew Bharti AXA Health Insurance?
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Company allows its customers to renew their existing health insurance policy directly from its website. The steps are mentioned below:
- Visit the website of the company and click on the 'Renew' option.
- Click on the tab 'Bharti AXA Health Insurance' and click on 'Renew'.
- Fill in the basic details about your policy such as policy no., policy expiry date, name, email ID, and mobile number.
- After submitting the online application form, the company will redirect you to pay the premium.
- A soft copy of the policy will be shared at your email address.
How To File a Claim Under Bharti AXA Health Insurance?
The company allows two ways of filing claims under Bharti AXA Health Insurance. Let's take a look at them.
Cashless Claim Process
- Inform the company about the hospitalization, in both cases, whether an emergency or a planned procedure. Upon admission, a preauthorization request form needs to be filled by the treating doctor.
- Once done, you will receive an authorization for emergency admission within 6 hours, and for a planned procedure, the action of pre-authorization will take 48 hours from the date of admission.
- After the treatment is done, the company will handle the expenses.
- In case of rejection, a letter with the reason for claim rejection will be sent along with the response.
Reimbursement Claim Process
- Inform the company about the hospitalization at the earliest.
- After the treatment is done, pay all bills at the hospital and later, file the claim.
- Submit all the required documents to the company.
- The company will verify all the documents and release the payment to the registered bank account on approval.
Documents Required for Claim Notification
- Policy number
- Name of the insured
- Name of covered person/insured member making the claim
- Contact details
- Nature of the disease
- Illness or injury
- Name and address of the hospital
- Phone number of the attending medical practitioner/hospital
- Date of hospitalization
- Other documentation requested by the company
Find Out What Customers Are Saying
(Showing latest 5 reviews only)
May 27, 2021
May 27, 2021
May 27, 2021
May 27, 2021
December 25, 2020
keerthiprasad B H
Last updated on May, 2021