Hdfc ERGO Health Insurance Renewal
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd and ERGO International AG, the primary insurance entity of the Munich Re Group of Germany. It has a network of more than 200 branches in more than 170 cities PAN India. The company is also committed to delivering customized insurance solutions for the Property, Marine, and Liability insurance requirements of its corporate customers.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Renewal is an easy process through which the insured can pay the pending premium of its health insurance for the next policy term before the policy expires.
Let's discuss the HDFC ERGO renewal in detail.
Health Insurance Renewal Companies
Benefits of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Renewal
HDFC ERGO policy renewal offers you the following benefits:
- Continued coverage against medical expenses.
- Portability benefit.
- Flexibility to add or remove family members.
- Increase or decrease the sum insured amount of the policy.
- Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Health Insurance Companies
What Happens If You Do Not Renew Your HDFC ERGO Health Policy on Time?
Sometimes you forget to pay your HDFC ERGO health insurance premium on time. In such cases, the following situations can arise:
- You will not receive the benefits like No Claim Bonus, Lower Premium, etc.
- You will not get any coverage benefits once the policy lapses.
- After each renewal of the policy, the waiting period will be shortened. Only after a waiting time, the pre-existing disease will be covered. If you do not renew your health insurance, the waiting period will restart from the beginning.
- You will have to purchase a new health insurance policy and go through the entire document verification process again.
- Insurer can ask you to undergo the pre-medical test again to buy a new health insurance plan.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Grace Period
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance offers a 30 day grace period to pay the pending health insurance premium with easy payment methods so that you do not lose your health insurance coverage benefits or policy lapsing.
As per IRDAI, it is mandatory for every health insurance company to offer a grace period of 15 or 30 days to its customers.
How To Avoid HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy Lapsation?
- Always check the push notification from the insurance company.
- Avail the facility of reminders through e-mail or SMS.
- Pay using Auto Debit.
- Get in touch with your policy relationship manager.
- Always update your contact details at your company's online portal.
HDFC ERGO Online Renewal
Insured should renew their HDFC ERGO Health policy before its expiry date. The policy can be renewed in a number of ways such as, through the official website of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance or at a HDFC ERGO Health Insurance branch near you.
Below mentioned are the steps to renew your HDFC Ergo Health Insurance Policy through their official website:
- Visit the official website of the HDFC ERGO Health Insurance and click on 'Renew' from the top bar menu.
- Fill in all the required information like policy number, date of birth, and registered mobile number.
- Click on 'Lets Renew' button.
- The next page will show you the payment amount that you need to pay.
- Once the payment is done, the policy documents will be sent to your registered Email ID.
For any further queries, you can call on 022-6234-6234| 0120-6234-6234.
Important Things to Remember While Renewing HDFC Health Insurance Policy
Renewal of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance is simple. Some significant things to keep in mind when renewing your policy are as follows:
- Renew your policy before the policy expiry date.
- Keep track of the policy expiry date.
- Claims filed between the policy's expiry date and its renewal will not be entertained.
- Always re-evaluate your needs and requirements before renewing the policy.
Always remember to renew your health insurance policy on time or within the grace period to continuously avail the health insurance policy benefits. You will be financially secure if you pay your premiums on time, and insurers will allow you a grace period if you miss the premium due date. However, if you miss the grace period as well, the policy will lapse and it can be troublesome in case of a medical emergency.