Bajaj Allianz Health Guard
Bajaj Allianz Health Guard is comprehensive health insurance that offers coverage against all expenses incurred by the policyholder in hospitalization due to serious illness or accident. The uniqueness of this scheme is that it offers total coverage at an affordable premium price. With this plan, you can forget about treatment costs and focus only on treatment. This policy can be purchased individually or on a family floater basis. There are two variants of this plan- silver and gold.
Adults: 18 years- 65 years
For dependent children: 3 months- 30 years
Health Guard Silver: 1.5 & 2 lakhs
Health Guard Gold: 3-50 lakhs
Family members who receive coverage under the scheme
Self, spouse, dependent children, parents, in-laws, among others
Silver and Gold plan
Premium payment frequency
**Last Updated on 18-12-2020
What are the key features of the Bajaj Allianz Health Guard plan?
- Cumulative Bonus- If you renew your health guard without any break and do not file any claim for the previous year, the basic sum insured will increase by 10%. This feature is offered for ten policy years.
- Grace Period- If the premium is not paid within the premium period, the policyholder will be given a grace period of 15 days.
- Free Look Period- If the policyholder is not satisfied with the terms and conditions of the policy, the plan can be terminated within 15 days of the purchase. However, the policyholder should not have filed any claims during this period.
- Discounts- Under this scheme, a 10% discount is offered if coverage is provided to two family members. Also, if more than two people are covered, a 15% discount will be given.
- Waiting period- The scheme has a waiting period of 30 days. There is also a waiting period of 36 months for the treatment of pre-existing diseases.
- Medical examinations are not required- No medical examination is needed until the age of 45 years to purchase the policy.
What are the key benefits of the Bajaj Allianz Health Guard plan?
- In-patient hospitalization
If the policyholder is hospitalized due to an illness or accident, coverage is available for the following-
- Boarding, room, and nursing expenses are paid at the rate of 1% of the sum insured per day or actual, whichever is lower.
- Comprehensive coverage is provided for ICU treatment.
- Coverage for the anesthetist, surgeon, medical practitioner, consultant, and specialist fees.
- Provides comprehensive coverage for blood, anesthesia, oxygen, operating theater costs, surgical costs, medications, dialysis, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, prosthetic implants, pacemaker, orthopedic implants, laboratory tests, X-ray, and other expenses.
- Pre-hospitalization expenses: The scheme provides coverage for medical expenses up to 60 days before the policyholder is admitted to the hospital.
- Post-hospitalization expenses: The scheme provides coverage for medical expenses up to 90 days after the policyholder is discharged from the hospital.
- Ambulance expenses: If an ambulance is needed during a medical emergency, the plan provides coverage up to Rs.20,000/year will be paid for ambulance expenses.
- Daycare treatment: Provides coverage for daycare treatment procedures listed in the policy.
- Organ donor costs: The scheme provides coverage for expenses related to organ transplants.
- Convalescence benefit: If the policyholder is hospitalized for more than 10 days due to illness/disease/injury, Rs. 5000/year will be paid under this scheme.
- Daily cash benefit: If the insured child (under 12 years of age) stays in the hospital, a daily cash benefit (Rs.500 up to 10 days) is provided for accommodation expenses to the parent or legal guardian accompanying the child. This feature is available once per policy year.
- Preventive health check-up: Avail of a free health check-up once every three policy years. The policyholder and his/her spouse can avail of free health check-ups only under floater sum insured basis.
- Hospitalization costs for Ayurveda/Homeopathy: This scheme provides coverage for Ayurveda/Homeopathy treatments. However, for this, you have to stay in the hospital for at least 24 hours, and the hospital has to be accredited by the government.
Costs covered under this scheme-
- Room rental, boarding costs
- Nursing care
- Consultation fees
- Drugs and medicines
- Maternity costs: Coverage is provided for a maximum of 2 deliveries under this scheme. Coverage under this scheme is provided for all expenses related to childbirth, including cesarean. Similarly, prenatal and post-natal costs are covered under this scheme. However, there is a waiting period of up to 72 months from the policy's date of purchase.
- Bariatric surgery: The policyholder must be over 18 years of age to receive coverage for this surgical treatment.
What are the exemptions under the Bajaj Allianz Health Guard plan?
The major exclusions are as follows-
- Zero coverage for cosmetic surgery, dental implant, and other dental treatments. However, the plan offers coverage for dental treatments required due to accidents.
- No coverage for wounds caused by war, riots, invasions, foreign enemy actions, hostility, and military action.
- Does not provide coverage for losses incurred due to participation in illegal activities.
- Attempt to suicide.
- Use of alcohol or drugs.
- Infertility and in-vitro fertilization.
How to buy a Bajaj Allianz Health Guard plan?
Here is a simple process of buying a Health Guard plan online. Let's take a look at it.
From Bajaj Allianz's website
- Visit the official website of Bajaj Allianz and click on 'Buy Now' under 'Now buy health insurance'.
- Fill in the details and check the premium details.
- Pay the premium via available payment options.
- Once the payment is done, the policy will be sent to your registered email id.
Note- You can also contact the nearest Bajaj Allianz branch to purchase this policy.
For more information about this plan, please get in touch with the customer care team of PolicyX.com at 1800-4200-269.
What is the claim process of the Bajaj Allianz Health Guard plan?
Bajaj Allianz Insurance offers two types of claim processes for the convenience of its customers. They are as follows-
- Cashless Claim
- Reimbursement Claim
1. Cashless claim
The policyholder has to seek treatment at the insurance company's network hospital to avail of the cashless treatment facility. This process is described below-
- Inform the company about the treatment and show your cashless card at the hospital insurance desk.
- Complete the pre-authorization form available at the hospital insurance desk/Bajaj's website.
- The hospital sends this form to the insurance company.
- A letter of approval/rejection will be sent to the hospital from the claim management team of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, and the policyholder will be informed of the matter.
- On approval, after the treatment, the company pays the hospital bills directly.
2. Reimbursement claim
- If you are admitted to a non-network hospital, you will have to pay for the treatment.
- After discharge, download the claim form from the company's official website or get it from the nearest branch of the company.
- Submit the required documents along with the form to the company.
- The company's claim team will review the claim details.
- If the claim is approved, the company will transfer the funds directly to the registered bank account.