A healthy mind resides in a healthy body and with the same, it is not easy to maintain a good health in the world full of fast food, fast lifestyle and a rat race packed routine. In the ambition of our career heights and achieving success goals we often forget to take care of our health. A health problem can knock at any one’s door unannounced and then there is the hustle bustle of an emergency hospitalization at the last moment that causes not only the money crisis but mental and social strain on an individual. Cashless hospitalization is the service that is designed in order to restrict the stress during hospitalization regarding hospital bills, medical bills of the policy holder.
Cashless features of an insurance policy work during any extreme surgery or treatment by paying the hospitalization expenses, which is a part of the Third Party Administrator (TPA). There are different types of Cashless Health Insurance in India. One can buy an insurance policy with the cashless benefit as per the requirement. It can be a family insurance policy for the whole family- cashless hospitalization cover, senior citizen policy or enjoy an individual cashless insurance policy cover as per the requirement.
But, no matter which Cashless Health Insurance Policy one avail, following are the few key things that one should keep on fingertips while buying any cashless health insurance policy -
1. Facility of the cashless hospitalization is only available in the network hospitals of the insurance company.
2. You should have all the documents, originals or photocopy of all hospitalization documents, including the medical form, discharge papers, and claim form.
3. One should make sure about the benefit covers and eligibility to avail the cashless insurance as it differs from one product to another.
4. A wide range of benefits is included in the cashless health insurance, but if the policyholder is well aware of the benefit he/she want to avail than it should be checked before buying any insurance policy
5. Any treatment that the policyholder is undergoing should be justified and verified by the respective hospital.
6. In case of any pre-existing illness, one should make sure if it is facilitated by the insurer under the cashless health insurance policy.
7. While buying any cashless health insurance policy, a customer should check the claim settlement ratio of the company as it gives a fair idea of the reputation in the market.
8. The policyholder should make sure that the daily cap amount offered by the insurer is close to the prevailing rate in case of hospitalization.
9. Not all expenses such as private nurse’s fee, ambulance charges, and attendant/visitors fees are covered under the cashless insurance policy.
10. Insurance is subject to market risk so one needs to make sure about the terms and conditions of the terms and conditions of the cashless insurance policy.
11. There are certain exclusions and limitations that differ from one policy product to another, so one should carefully check the if/but clauses vigilantly.
No one can judge that what next moment is holding. Hospitalization requires a huge amount of expense and most of the people are not always ready for it. Cashless hospitalization is a blessing for those who have limited cash reserves or who are low at cash at the required time. The expenses are settled directly by the insurance company with the hospital. In case of emergency, there is no worry regarding the arrangement of capital before the surgery or any operation. With PolicyX.com, one can not only understand each and every pros and con of any cashless health insurance policy, but he can also buy any insurance plan.
• PolicyX.com is IRDA approved portal and thus follows the norms of IRDA for accurate and trustworthy comparison service.
• Comparison of individual health insurance policies at PolicyX.com is completely free of cost.
• PolicyX.com provides plan comparison from leading brands such as Religare Health, Max Bupa, Bharti Axa, Tata AI, Apollo Munich, Star Health, etc.
• Buy policies within minutes by filling up the online form. Most of our health plans are online and you can get your policy instantly by making an online payment.
PolicyX.com is an online insurance web aggregator that caters into life and general insurance. This leading organization is helping millions of customers in getting the best insurance plan according to their needs. Moreover, PolicyX.com also assists you in the claim assistance process. There are different things and misconceptions about the claim filing. You don’t have to worry about it at PolicyX.com is here to assist you with the same as well. The company completely believes in 100 percent customer satisfaction so it offers each and every needful service related to an insurance policy. You just have to search for your desired one. It is advisable for you to understand that at the time of purchase you must have a look at the policy documents. It will aware you about the entire process of buying and claim as well.
When you buy an insurance policy, somewhere in your mind you still have doubts regarding claims that you don’t confront and leave it for later which is completely wrong. You must clear your doubt at the time of purchase. You must take care of such things from next time, for now, you van take help of PolicyX.com regarding claim filing. Primarily a policyholder files a claim when he/she is suffering from any critical situation. At PolicyX.com they complete understanding of this need and hence the company offer easy & hassle free claim filing service for you. In India, there are several processes of filing a claim, but visiting offices and get things done over there can be a time taking and confusing process as well.
It is really vital in case of an emergency to contact your insurance company within 24 hours of hospitalization and if it is a planned hospitalization then contact them seven days before hospitalization.
Complete your treatment and later, collect all the reports, original bills of related expenses from the hospital for presenting the claim.
Following documents would be necessary for filing a claim. Apart from this, the insurance company may ask you for additional documents as required. Major documents which you need to show are:
Documents of your plan
Original bills of hospitals
Payment receipt of bills
Bills of medicines & drugs
Hospital break-up bill
Notes of operation theatre
Investigation request & notes
Claim form which should be filled properly
The insurer will examine the claim documents, ask for more documents if required to determine the authorization. The company will require all the documents & necessary information and later may accept or reject the claim as per the norm of the plan.
If the insurer accepts your claim, then it will make the payment through a cheque, DD or NEFT.
With PolicyX.com you will not face any difficulty with the claim. The company will be there to support you and guide you towards all the needful steps.
Last updated on 20-05-2020